Too much tech around us?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
SarathW

Re: Too much tech around us?

Post by SarathW »

I think we do not have enough tech around us.
I am waiting for the day I can get a robot do my meditation and perhaps get enlightened for me.
Just joking.
They will produce because people buy it.
But sometimes you do not have a choice.
I did not want to use a mobile phone but I was forced to buy it.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
binocular

Post by binocular »

Pseudobabble wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:02 pm
Pseudobabble wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:51 pmHaha yes, I have noticed this, and I always found it rather comical. Humans have a very high opinion of themselves, and it totally flies in the face of reality. But perhaps we need to have a good opinion of ourselves, to stave off the existential dread of being meatsacks in a huge and terrifying universe.
Well, practicing Buddhist meditation techniques, and educating myself and speculating ( :spy: ), and maintaining a sense of humour
One needs to have a good opinion of oneself to do those things!
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
atharva2k

Post by atharva2k »

DNS wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:04 pm
No_Mind wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:31 am Apple watch .. why do people use it .. to read sms using their watch and tell time using their cell phone. What a sad day for humanity.
I'm waiting for the day (I'm sure it's happened) when I see a group of young people eating lunch together. All of them are on their phones, checking texts, no one talking to others and then after some time, one guy says to the one across from him, "dude, did you just text me? I'm sitting right here."

No need to wait, I've seen this scenario multiple times in the past few years with different groups of friends. It's a disaster. Except it's not texting anymore, it's Snapchat and Instagram.