Technical Question Drafts, PM Draft - any way to work on a draft post in private

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Leeuwenhoek2

Technical Question Drafts, PM Draft - any way to work on a draft post in private

Post by Leeuwenhoek2 »

I see on my User Control Panel page a Manage PM drafts button.
  • Does this function work? If so what is the trick to use it?
  • Is there a trick for working on draft copy of a posting before being published and made public?
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Technical Question Drafts, PM Draft - any way to work on a draft post in private

Post by DNS »

I see that button, but I've never used it. I assume it's for saving a PM message (private message) through the internal DW mail system as a draft message. I'm not sure if it works since I've never tried it, but one thing you can do is send someone a PM and it remains in the 'Outbox' until they pick it up. After they pick it up it goes to your Sent mail folder. In the meantime, while it's still in the Outbox, you can click on it and edit it, if needed.
Kim OHara

Re: Technical Question Drafts, PM Draft - any way to work on a draft post in private

Post by Kim OHara »

Leeuwenhoek2 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:50 am I see on my User Control Panel page a Manage PM drafts button.
  • Does this function work? If so what is the trick to use it?
  • Is there a trick for working on draft copy of a posting before being published and made public?
I've never used it either.
For long posts, I think the best idea is to work in your favourite text editor (Word or whatever - but saving as .rtf avoids potential formatting problems at the next step) and then simply copy and paste it into the DW window. You may then need to fix or add links, but that's relatively straightforward.

:coffee:
Kim