A happy new year

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
binocular

A happy new year

Post by binocular »

Greetings.

At the end/beginning of a year, Ven. Thanissaro gives a talk on the theme of the ending of a year and beginning of a new one. You can find many of such talks in the archive of his evening talks, or in the archive of his morning talks.

If you'd like, share here your resolution or determination for the new year 2018.

Wishing you all a happy new year!
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Kim OHara

Re: A happy new year

Post by Kim OHara »

:thanks:

Let's hope that 2018 is a better year for the world than 2017, and that individually we can be stronger in our compassion and goodwill.

:namaste:
Kim
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Happy New Year!

And if you're out celebrating, take care.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Lombardi4

Post by Lombardi4 »

I don't have any resolutions, but I have great plans that I will have to start carrying out on January 1. Should be an awesome year for me and I am quite looking forward to it!

For the world... I hope so, but politically it seems to be going downhill since Brexit and Trump's election. The worst I am dreading is Global Warming & Climate Change. I am really worried about the future of the planet and unless we do something - and fast - we may not have a planet to live on by 2100.

And then there is that vicious side of human nature that persists through the ages as well that causes pain and suffering to other human beings and animals on a large scale. When you think about the various sufferings people undergo daily it should move you, at the least.

Yet for many, it could be a great year. It depends on one's karma. The human spirit is something profound and can be much greater than the pain - or indeed - could be born from the pain. Through hard work and effort, born out of wisdom and concern for the welfare of ourselves and others, each of us could create a heaven on earth - at least in our own body-and-mind, even though the world may be in flames (hopefully not literally in a hundred years...).

So... I wish everyone a Happy New Year and I think each of us must play our bit in making it that bit happier for the world as a whole, and reduce the overall dukkha on Planet Earth. So make the effort to do that and use the time wisely.
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

Happy New Year Dhamma Wheel !!!

:anjali:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

new year1.gif
new year1.gif (35.92 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I DJ'ed at a local pub on New Years Eve, and it was a nice way to ring in the new year.

For anyone who is interested, here's a 10 track Spotify playlist of some of the songs that were played in the lead up to the final countdown...

Back 2 The 80's -
New Year's Eve special

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

a friend posted in another forum...

:anjali:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Belated happy new year to all of you.
I like to give my special thanks tho David and the Admin and moderation staff for their wonderful work during past year.
:toast:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”