Self-discipline website by DW member?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Lombardi4

Self-discipline website by DW member?

Post by Lombardi4 »

A year or two ago I remember seeing a website about self-discipline made by a member of this forum whose name I forgot (I don't think he posts anymore), as well as the website address. Does anyone remember?

I feel all I need is self-discipline, then everything else would fall naturally fall into its place, and I want to learn it from Buddhism and Buddhists, although what's written on the web is not bad at all. So if you can cite suttas that would be awesome!
perkele

Re: Self-discipline website by DW member?

Post by perkele »

Stiphan wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm A year or two ago I remember seeing a website about self-discipline made by a member of this forum whose name I forgot (I don't think he posts anymore), as well as the website address. Does anyone remember?
Maybe that was samseva? I don't know where to find his website, though.
Lombardi4

Post by Lombardi4 »

perkele wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:32 pm
Stiphan wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm A year or two ago I remember seeing a website about self-discipline made by a member of this forum whose name I forgot (I don't think he posts anymore), as well as the website address. Does anyone remember?
Maybe that was samseva? I don't know where to find his website, though.
Yes! Samseva it was.

Found the thread - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26213&hilit=samseva+discipline

...but alas the URL no longer works... Thanks anyway perkele.
samseva

Post by samseva »

Stiphan wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm[...]
Hi Stephen,

The website isn't online anymore, as I was way too busy to write articles (no comments as well; it felt a little like I was talking in an empty room, haha :smile:). I really liked the Buddhist resources aspect of the website, even if it was time-consuming—I will be rebuilding it without the blog in a few months time, but under the domain [URL removed at member request - retro].

Although, from your post, I think what you were looking for were the articles. I will also be starting a personal development blog (non-Buddhist/without any religious connotations, as this alienates a lot of readers), but it won't solely be about self-discipline (it will also be about productivity, removing limiting beliefs/emotions, minimalistic lifestyle, etc.). I can send you the link when I will launch it.

If you're interested, I could send you some good articles about self-discipline (and maybe give a few book recommendations).

Cheers.