Trump. And why I hate him.

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
robertk

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by robertk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:05 am

alan wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:18 am
Who is Tucker Carlson, and how did he get a show?
I think he is just a stupid loser. He got the show because he would say what the FOX Propaganda network wanted him to say.
Who is he?
Tell you what I am--much smarter than that guy. Give me a show. And I will just so totally kick his ass.
I vote for alan to get his slot on FOX!

alan

Post by alan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:17 am

I would so kick Ass.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:18 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:17 am
I would so kick Ass.
Give them a call - why not?

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

alan

Post by alan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:24 am

No, I'd rather stay on the beach and get up early to take pictures of the sunrise and little birds.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:29 am

Greetings Alan,

That's as good a reason as any... :thumbsup:

Metta,
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 am

alan wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:24 am
No, I'd rather stay on the beach and get up early to take pictures of the sunrise and little birds.
:thumbsup:

That's the kind of thing I like to do. I find it's a lot more beneficial to my state of mind than trying to understand the Madness of King Trump. :rolleye:
Buddha save me from new-agers!

L.N.

Post by L.N. » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:32 pm

retrofuturist wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:53 am
Nowadays I generally don't tell people how great Trump is, because they either already know, or they don't want to hear it. ...
How great Trump is? Are you joking? Not even Republicans in the United States believe Trump is "great." Donald Trump is the most divisive and the least qualified U.S. president in recent history. He has stated that new-Nazis include some "very fine people," but as for the African-American NFL players who took a knee to protest racism, he has called them names. He has bragged about grabbing women's genitals. The list goes on and on. The view that Trump somehow is "great" is a fringe right view.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/tru ... 42636.html

Sire patitthitā Buddhā
Dhammo ca tava locane
Sangho patitthitō tuiham
uresabba gunākaro

愿众佛坐在我的头顶, 佛法在我的眼中, 僧伽,功德的根源, 端坐在我的肩上。

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Greetings L.N.,
L.N. wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:32 pm
The view that Trump somehow is "great" is a fringe right view.
You're welcome to your opinion of course, but it's hardly "fringe" if he was voted the president of the United States with 306 electoral college votes, and polls indicate that those who voted for him have been steadfast in their support and have no regrets.
L.N. wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:32 pm
Not even Republicans in the United States believe Trump is "great."
If you mean Republicans in the Congress and Senate, that's because Trump and what he stands for is an existential threat to their cosy, self-serving uni-party establishment. After all, if someone wanted to "drain" you and your cosy, self-serving arrangements on behalf of the American people, would you think they were "great"?

Interestingly, the approval rates of such RINOs (Republican In Name Only) is generally much lower than that of Trump himself. Expect to see establishment RINOs "primaried" and replaced by America First / MAGA candidates in 2018 and 2020. Many already know their fate (e.g. Jeff Flake) and aren't even seeking re-election. One way or another the swamp will be drained.

Metta,

Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:06 pm

http://grist.org/briefly/on-the-3-month ... o-poverty/
On the 3-month anniversary of Hurricane Maria, the GOP tax bill plunges Puerto Rico deeper into poverty.

The legislation, which only needs President Trump’s signature to become law, treats the U.S. territory as a foreign entity, imposing a 12.5 percent tax on intellectual property income for U.S. companies operating on the island.

Governor Ricardo Rosselló called the tax “a huge blow for Puerto Rico,” which is likely to cripple the island’s productivity, shrink the local government’s revenue, and cost residents thousands of jobs. The tax bill also makes it more difficult for survivors of natural disasters to deduct losses from hurricanes, floods, and fires.

Today, more than 250,000 Puerto Ricans still lack access to clean water and more than a million are without electricity. ...

The UN recently completed a study of poverty in the U.S., which included a survey of the situation in Puerto Rico. In the report, its author, Phillip Alston, a human rights law expert at New York University, calls the Republican-led tax reform “essentially a bid to make the U.S. the world champion of extreme inequality.”
:jedi:
Kim

alan

Post by alan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:31 am

Unbelievable. These people are willing to debase themselves. Such absolute Sh*thead losers.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... today.html

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:34 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:31 am
Such absolute Sh*thead losers.
I think it might be time to wheel back the insulting language a little.

Whilst I'm no fan either RINOs either, such expletive-laden ranting does little to encourage civil discussion on political matters.

Metta,

alan

Post by alan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:40 am

As far as civil discussion is concerned, I think that time has long passed in regard to Trump. Why should anyone be civil to him?
When has he ever been civil?

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am

Greetings Alan,

I have no requirement of Trump to be civil, as he's not a member of this forum, which I am responsible for administering.

You however, are.

Metta,

alan

Post by alan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:51 am

But this is a thread about him, and without mentioning how uncivil he is, it would not be true. Right?

BlackBird

Post by BlackBird » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:54 am

Kim OHara wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:06 pm
http://grist.org/briefly/on-the-3-month ... o-poverty/
On the 3-month anniversary of Hurricane Maria, the GOP tax bill plunges Puerto Rico deeper into poverty.

The legislation, which only needs President Trump’s signature to become law, treats the U.S. territory as a foreign entity, imposing a 12.5 percent tax on intellectual property income for U.S. companies operating on the island.

Governor Ricardo Rosselló called the tax “a huge blow for Puerto Rico,” which is likely to cripple the island’s productivity, shrink the local government’s revenue, and cost residents thousands of jobs. The tax bill also makes it more difficult for survivors of natural disasters to deduct losses from hurricanes, floods, and fires.

Today, more than 250,000 Puerto Ricans still lack access to clean water and more than a million are without electricity. ...

The UN recently completed a study of poverty in the U.S., which included a survey of the situation in Puerto Rico. In the report, its author, Phillip Alston, a human rights law expert at New York University, calls the Republican-led tax reform “essentially a bid to make the U.S. the world champion of extreme inequality.”
:jedi:
Kim
I wonder if the tax plan punishing Puerto Rico has got anything to do with that narcissistic oompa loompa who likes to make good on a grudge for anyone who has slighted his fragile ego. :thinking:
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta