General appreciation thread [muditā]

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
perkele

General appreciation thread [muditā]

Post by perkele »

L.N. wrote: If this Topic is a bad idea, would someone please lock it?
Pseudobabble wrote: No its not a bad idea, its a very good idea.

I appreciate L.N. for (his/her?) constructive attitude, and efforts to keep things on a good track.
I agree, I think it's a very good idea, it's not a bad idea at all, because... why not? despite... despite... potential nose-wrinkling...

So another thread for that here (feel free to merge with the old one if deemed appropriate).

Express your appreciation for people's good turns or admirable qualities and actions here. Garishness appreciated. :popcorn: Virtue signalling allowed at one's own risk. :soap:

Muditā :smile:

I appreciate the Buddha and stand in awe at his depth of wisdom and compassion to show a way out of samsara for beings trapped here, providing a true refuge and escape.

I go to the Buddha for refuge.
I go to the Dhamma for refuge. (as far as I can understand it)
I go to the Sangha for refuge. (?)
:anjali:

:candle: :buddha2: :candle:
binocular

Re: General appreciation thread [muditā]

Post by binocular »

"There is the case where a person of integrity, when asked, does not reveal another person's bad points, to say nothing of when unasked. Furthermore, when asked, when pressed with questions, he is one who speaks of another person's bad points not in full, not in detail, with omissions, holding back. Of this person you may know, 'This venerable one is a person of integrity.'

"Then again, a person of integrity, when unasked, reveals another person's good points, to say nothing of when asked. Furthermore, when asked, when pressed with questions, he is one who speaks of another person's good points in full & in detail, without omissions, without holding back. Of this person you may know, 'This venerable one is a person of integrity.'

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .than.html
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Garrib

Post by Garrib »

I think the thread is a good idea. I appreciate everyone here for their interest and engagement in the Dhamma, and I hope that we all attain real liberation as quickly as possible, and much happiness along the way.
binocular

Post by binocular »

I appreciate that Mr. Synder is making this forum possible.

I appreciate that I can often get sufficient answers to my questions here.

I appreciate that this thread was started. (I have been thinking about something similar for a while.)
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I appreciate that we have a community here where people are able to discuss and investigate the Buddhist path, and share their experiences with others who are doing likewise.

I particularly appreciate that the vast majority of members of this community demonstrate respect for the intellectual and spiritual autonomy of others, and don't take it upon themselves to be an imposition on others by either play-acting as gurus, teachers and spiritual leaders, or by trying to coerce or force conformity and orthodoxy upon others. As far as online Buddhist or spiritual communities go, we're remarkably blessed in this regard, and I appreciate people's contributions to this culture, where there is the freedom to express ideas and interpretations, and those that are presented stand and fall on their own merits, rather than succeed based on who is propping them up or silencing the alternatives.

For those of us who were around for the E-Sangha experience back in the day, or have been involved in a spiritual community where ideological conformity is enforced by threat of punishment and exclusion, I'm sure what I say here will have extra meaning and context for you.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Mudita.
:goodpost: Retro.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

SarathW wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:43 pm Mudita.
:goodpost: Retro.
+1

This is a great community and could only exist with all the great participants we have here and the wide range of views we have here too. I know some subjects get very contentious, but in the end it demonstrates the plethora of views and diversity we have. We don't need to like or even participate in all topics, one can choose to ignore certain subjects or topics that one does not like. And another thing; don't take it too seriously! It's not like we're going to be heard by the UN or the U.S. Congress and they are going to change course in their decisions based on what we post here. And not everyone who posts here is Buddhist, so we don't represent some Buddhist Council either.

But it's still a great community of people who are Buddhist, friends of Buddhism, casual interest in Buddhism or just regular folk interested in religions and philosophies and meditation and looking for like-minded people to discuss Dhamma.
L.N.

Post by L.N. »

Unconditionally, today I appreciate:

Perkele for creating this thread.

Binocular for being binocular.

Goofaholix for comments and suggestions.

DNS for his generosity.

Retrofuturist for his service and devotion.

Sam Vara for being Sam Vara.

Chownah for what I perceive as chownah's insightful comments.

Bodom for kindness performed.

SDC for helpful insights.

Morlock for frank discussion, even if we don't agree.

Bhante Dhammanando for contrary wit and insights.

And many others.

Metta
Sire patitthitā Buddhā
Dhammo ca tava locane
Sangho patitthitō tuiham
uresabba gunākaro

愿众佛坐在我的头顶, 佛法在我的眼中, 僧伽,功德的根源, 端坐在我的肩上。
L.N.

Post by L.N. »

Expressing appreciation for Dharmasherab.

And many others.
Sire patitthitā Buddhā
Dhammo ca tava locane
Sangho patitthitō tuiham
uresabba gunākaro

Ren

Post by Ren »

I deeply appreciate Brahmā Sahāmpati for his complete effort and lucid mind when he visited Buddha Shakyamuni as the prince obtained a clear mind, without blemish and without mental fermentations. Sahāmpati convinced Buddha Shakyamuni to teach the Buddha Dharma, and for this all buddhists should be thankful of his conversation with the awakened one.

Brahmā Sahāmpati is an inspiration to all anāgāmis. Your name will not be forgotten.
L.N.

Post by L.N. »

Today has been a mess.

I give appreciation for those with whom I disagree. We all have value, and we all are deserving of respect.
Sire patitthitā Buddhā
Dhammo ca tava locane
Sangho patitthitō tuiham
uresabba gunākaro