Happy Halloween, I will now remove my mask

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
DNS
Site Admin

Happy Halloween, I will now remove my mask

Post by DNS »

Raider Nation, coming to Vegas, 2020.
bodom

Re: Happy Halloween, I will now remove my mask

Post by bodom »

Yes!!! I was gonna have my youngest go as a raider this year. Looking forward to catching a few games out there with you David. Win, lose or tie raiders till I die!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

I think I may be the only person from Oakland on DW. Am I obligated to make some regional good natured sports :tongue: comment here? Like you stole our team or some such thing?
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

bodom wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:58 pm Yes!!! I was gonna have my youngest go as a raider this year. Looking forward to catching a few games out there with you David. Win, lose or tie raiders till I die!
Definitely! I've already reserved some seats for the home opener in 2020.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

dharmacorps wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 pm I think I may be the only person from Oakland on DW. Am I obligated to make some regional good natured sports :tongue: comment here? Like you stole our team or some such thing?
:D That would be fine and I wouldn't blame you. Here's to hoping the Raiders might be the first (?) to win at least 3 Super Bowl victories while being based in 3 different cities (won while based in Oakland twice and once while based in Los Angeles), so far . . . .
PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis »

Obviously you are all deluded. Go Broncos.
Generally, enjoyment of speech is the gateway to poor [results]. So it becomes the foundation for generating all negative emotional states. Jampel Pawo, The Certainty of the Diamond Mind
bodom

Post by bodom »

PuerAzaelis wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:55 pm Obviously you are all deluded. Go Broncos.
Uh oh donkeys fan. The biggest raider haters of all lol

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Being a lukewarm fan (is that even possible?) I support the local tepid Rams & Chargers.

I have watched some of the World Series - quite an event, two fine, competitive teams.
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

[/quote]

:D That would be fine and I wouldn't blame you. Here's to hoping the Raiders might be the first (?) to win at least 3 Super Bowl victories while being based in 3 different cities (won while based in Oakland twice and once while based in Los Angeles), so far . . . .
[/quote]

So far yes. All I can say is don't get attached! In 10 years they will just move again!
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

dharmacorps wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:05 am So far yes. All I can say is don't get attached! In 10 years they will just move again!
Yes, that's very true. I think Davis signed a 30 year lease for the new Raiders stadium in Vegas, so they might stay here for 20 to 30 years, but doubtful after that. They'll probably move to the next city that offers them a new state-of-the-art stadium (when the Vegas one gets old), cheap rent, etc. It's too early to guess, but it could be San Diego (Chargers moved to Los Angeles) or San Antonio or Orlando (large cities with no NFL teams right now).
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

dharmacorps wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 pm I think I may be the only person from Oakland on DW. Am I obligated to make some regional good natured sports :tongue: comment here? Like you stole our team or some such thing?
I've lived and worked in Oakland and my parents live very close. Dad's a longtime Raiders fan and I'll watch a game with him once in awhile.

Kinda sucks they're leaving but the Raider Nation is literally nationwide: you'll find Raiders fans everywhere. So a lot of Oakland fans will stay loyal. One thing we can all agree on though: screw the Patriots and Tom Brady's witchcraft (last year's Superbowl comeback: WTF?!) :P
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

Yeah it is unfortunate although not really surprising the Raiders are leaving. If you know what the politics of Oakland is like and its financial/bureaucratic struggles I am not sure why they would think they would be able to squeeze a stadium out of this town. It was never in the cards (I gotta believe the owners knew that even if they pretended they didn't).
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

dharmacorps wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:23 pm Yeah it is unfortunate although not really surprising the Raiders are leaving. If you know what the politics of Oakland is like and its financial/bureaucratic struggles I am not sure why they would think they would be able to squeeze a stadium out of this town. It was never in the cards (I gotta believe the owners knew that even if they pretended they didn't).
Yes, I think so. My son showed me this a couple of years ago, showing that Davis thought about moving the team several years ago. Davis bought the domain name "lasvegasraiders.com" way back in 1998.
Domain Name: LASVEGASRAIDERS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 3613480_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: www.enom.com
Updated Date: 2016-11-26T00:27:15.00Z
Creation Date: 1998-12-25T05:00:00.00Z
In a few years, I guess we could start checking "raiders" with some other city names to see where they might be going next. :tongue:
bodom

Post by bodom »

Mkoll wrote: I've lived and worked in Oakland and my parents live very close. Dad's a longtime Raiders fan and I'll watch a game with him once in awhile.
Same here. I'm a life long fan because of my dad.
Kinda sucks they're leaving but the Raider Nation is literally nationwide: you'll find Raiders fans everywhere. So a lot of Oakland fans will stay loyal.

Got that right. 30 years as a fan right here. Been through all the ups and downs.
One thing we can all agree on though: screw the Patriots and Tom Brady's witchcraft (last year's Superbowl comeback: WTF?!) :P
The patriots dynasty began with the raiders and the historically bad tuck rule call and everyone including all raiders fans thought it would end against the raiders this year. Unfortunately this season has not turned out how we all expected and it looks like the patriots are on to another super bowl run unfortunately.

:namaste:

- BB
alan

Post by alan »

Oakland born but primarily a Patriots fan, due to time spent in New England.
But Baseball is a far superior sport. Go A's.