Seinfield Mantra

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
Vanda

Re: Buddho

Postby Vanda » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:11 am

I think an even better way is to keep repeating over and over the mantra: serenitas nunc
(As taught by Ajahn Kramerdasa)

I'm sure that's how the Buddha would do it. :thinking:
Last edited by Vanda on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Don’t go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, ‘This contemplative is our teacher.’ When you know for yourselves that, ‘These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; these qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted and carried out, lead to welfare and to happiness’ — then you should enter and remain in them.”
- Kalama Sutta, Anguttara Nikaya

Vanda

Serenitas nunc

Postby Vanda » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:27 am

Try the mantra: serenitas nunc

It's language is Latin but it works better than "Buddho".

Just keep repeating it over and over, especially during times of stress :)
Last edited by Vanda on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Don’t go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, ‘This contemplative is our teacher.’ When you know for yourselves that, ‘These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; these qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted and carried out, lead to welfare and to happiness’ — then you should enter and remain in them.”

Aloka

Postby Aloka » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:06 pm

Vanda wrote:Try the mantra: serenitas nunc

Buddho works fine for me when I use it occasionally, I certainly wouldn't want to substitute it with Latin words.

Thisperson

Postby Thisperson » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Aloka wrote:

Buddho works fine for me when I use it occasionally, I certainly wouldn't want to substitute it with Latin words. (and this is the Theravada Meditation forum)

Serenitas nunc translates to "serenity now" which is a reference to the TV show Seinfeld if you're unaware. As is one of Vanda's earlier posts mentioning Ajahn Kramerdasa. There is no such Ajahn, it's a play off of the character Kramer from the same show, for anyone confused by the posts.

tiltbillings

Postby tiltbillings » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:22 pm

Thisperson wrote:
Aloka wrote:

Buddho works fine for me when I use it occasionally, I certainly wouldn't want to substitute it with Latin words. (and this is the Theravada Meditation forum)

Serenitas nunc translates to "serenity now" which is a reference to the TV show Seinfeld if you're unaware. As is one of Vanda's earlier posts mentioning Ajahn Kramerdasa. There is no such Ajahn, it's a play off of the character Kramer from the same show, for anyone confused by the posts.
Thanks for catching that. I am sure it will not happen again.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<<
      -- Proverbs 26:12

Aloka

Postby Aloka » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Thisperson wrote:Serenitas nunc translates to "serenity now" which is a reference to the TV show Seinfeld if you're unaware. As is one of Vanda's earlier posts mentioning Ajahn Kramerdasa. There is no such Ajahn, it's a play off of the character Kramer from the same show, for anyone confused by the posts

Oh, ok,thanks. I'm from the UK & I don't watch American sitcoms on TV.

:anjali:

Vanda

Re: Seinfield-Buddho style Mantras

Postby Vanda » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:08 am

I suppose Seinfield-Buddho style Mantras can do the trick if you keep at it. Sad that this point of view was moved off the forum where the topic was being discussed.

Return to “Lounge”