Hello to Chat Buddies!

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
sattva

Hello to Chat Buddies!

Post by sattva » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:35 am

Just wanted to say a "hello" to all my chat buddies! Seems strange not to have a chance to talk and catch up, doesn't it? Hope you are all well and happy! Those who have my phone number feel free to call or pm me if you would like me to call you! :group:

Modus.Ponens

Re: Hello to Chat Buddies!

Post by Modus.Ponens » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:22 am

Hey sattva :)

It's been a while. Even worse, while it was working, I would show up and no one was there... Do you know of any chatroom that can be our temporary meeting point?

:anjali:
"He turns his mind away from those phenomena and, having done so, inclines his mind to the property of deathlessness: 'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' " - Jhana Sutta

sattva

Post by sattva » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:58 am

Modus.Ponens wrote:Hey sattva :)

It's been a while. Even worse, while it was working, I would show up and no one was there... Do you know of any chatroom that can be our temporary meeting point?

:anjali:
I just created a chat room. Not sure if it will work well, but we can try using it until this one is back up and running or unless someone knows a better one. :anjali:

http://us20.chatzy.com/25904628501622

m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:31 pm

Yeah i just showed up recently hoping to say hello to my internet sangha :(
Miss you all :) I would pm you guys but right now it appears that pm's arent working.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig

Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:42 pm

Hey morlock

I PM'ed you a few days ago. Glad to know you're ok.
"He turns his mind away from those phenomena and, having done so, inclines his mind to the property of deathlessness: 'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' " - Jhana Sutta

sattva

Post by sattva » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi everyone! It does look like the temporary chat room is running. It leaves your name there though after you are gone. I don't have the time to try to figure that one out right now! What I am going to suggest is that anyone who wants to visit and find someone there to leave a note in this thread about the time you plan to be there. Remember, it is just like here, you can log into chat and no one may be there, but a few minutes later someone can come in. So, don't be too quick to pop in and right out. :anjali:

ps. I will try to stop by somewhere between 9-10pm EST tonight.

Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:31 pm

In case we don't meet before christmas, merry christmas to you all, both chatty people and non chatty people. :P

sattva

Post by sattva » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:31 pm

There is an option in that chat room to select preferences. I have chosen the dialogue box, so if someone comes into chat and says/types "hello" I should be notified if I am there. You might want to try one of their notification options, too. It allows you to do other things and still know when someone is there and wants to talk.

Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:37 pm

One more thing. On the top right there is a small question sign inside a box, next to the word "Visitors". There you can see the meaning of the symbols next to each visitor of the chat room. If it's grey, then the person has left. If it's green, the person is there. There are a bunch of other symbols.

Metta

sattva

Post by sattva » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:34 am

Just had a short catch up in the chat room with denise and onaquest. Hope to catch up with more of you this week!

denise

Post by denise » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:38 am

Thanks Sattva for cooking this chat room up for us. You are a kind and generous person...Thanks again! :anjali:

denise

Post by denise » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:26 am

this chat room sattva made is the best....nice to visit....thanks sattva!

sattva

Post by sattva » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:52 am

denise wrote:this chat room sattva made is the best....nice to visit....thanks sattva!
Your welcome, denise! We have been getting more people in there recently usually in the evenings/nights here in the states.

denise

Post by denise » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:47 am

hello everyone....just a few words about the "Chatzy" chat room that sattva fixed up....you really should drop in .. if you have questions about anything or just want to be with some really good people ..drop by...my experience has been positive, informative and sometimes just relaxing.....you'll see :hello:

sattva

Post by sattva » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:48 am

I was in the chat room earlier talking to a few Buddhist buddies and I said something about that we should have a DW get-together. I asked if either of them would consider it. One said that he couldn't afford to travel (well I really can't either). So, I said that we could meet up in his city. The other person said that he didn't know if he wanted to meet us enough to travel to that city lol. We were all kind of laughing about it. So, a little bit later, I got on to facebook. I have two accounts. One is strictly family stuff. The other is Buddhism and art. I get on the Buddhist one more, but this time I was on the family one.

On my family one there are photos that one of my nieces is posting from her ongoing trip to Italy with her finance. So, I am looking at the photos with no sense of envy and laughing. I would rather go to that city that isn't exactly a mecca of luxury or fun and meet my online Buddhist friends than to go to Italy! :group:

Maybe one day!!!

Actually, when I think about it, I would rather stay home and get online with my Buddhist buddies than to go to Italy. Life is strange or maybe I am.