BuDhaGirl Mindful Jewelry

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
tiltbillings

BuDhaGirl Mindful Jewelry

Post by tiltbillings »

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
shaunc

Re: BuDhaGirl Mindful Jewelry

Post by shaunc »

If only I knew that I just had to buy jewellery I could have avoided all of this study and practice.
sattva

Post by sattva »

tiltbillings wrote:Must have: https://budhagirl.com/our-story
I want the cuff that is $395, tilt!
https://budhagirl.com/bracelets/cuffs/g ... elet-ivory
If that is a just a little too pricey, I still don't have My First Buddha!

I have a birthday coming up, just saying! :D
Last edited by sattva on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

And of course there are the healing tools brought to us by the Buddha Maitreya the Christ:
It is, after all, coming on to Christmas time.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

BuDhaism with a price on it, hey Tilt?? (That bracelet is way overpriced for gold plated steel, and its not even a buddhist design but a European one) SHAME!!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

lyndon taylor wrote:BuDhaism with a price on it, hey Tilt?? (That bracelet is way overpriced for gold plated steel, and its not even a buddhist design but a European one) SHAME!!!
Don't blame me. Anyway, it is BuDhaGirlism.

sattva

Post by sattva »

tiltbillings wrote:And of course there are the healing tools brought to us by the Buddha Maitreya the Christ:
Oh my!
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

sattva wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:And of course there are the healing tools brought to us by the Buddha Maitreya the Christ:
Oh my!
Oh my, indeed!

Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

From the linked advert:
We believe in glamour. We believe in purpose. We believe chic matters. We believe in science. We believe in beauty. We believe that intentions define outcomes. We believe your focused intentions make today a better day. We believe that contemplative practices lead to brain health. We believe in humor. We believe in change.
Yes, but what do you believe it is that gets reborn?
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Sam Vara wrote:From the linked advert:
We believe in glamour. We believe in purpose. We believe chic matters. We believe in science. We believe in beauty. We believe that intentions define outcomes. We believe your focused intentions make today a better day. We believe that contemplative practices lead to brain health. We believe in humor. We believe in change.
Yes, but what do you believe it is that gets reborn?
Recycled tacky jewellery ?

Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
Ben

Post by Ben »

All I can say is that I am looking forward to walking for a week in the alpine wilderness, a million miles from electricity, this modern madness and cell phone reception.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Hi Ben
I think we both are in the same wave length. :)
Only four people got my mobile phone number.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Viscid

Post by Viscid »

Thanks tilt. Bought an anklet.
"What holds attention determines action." - William James
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

"blue is associated with coolness" - https://budhagirl.com/reminders/first-l ... g-Reminder

8-)

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."