Happy Easter

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
tiltbillings

Happy Easter

Post by tiltbillings »

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
plwk

Re: Happy Easter

Post by plwk »

plwk

Post by plwk »

And now, for the requisite masterpiece repertoire of the season...
cooran

Post by cooran »

---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Bah humbug! :tongue:
Buddha save me from new-agers!
Ben

Post by Ben »

image.jpg
image.jpg (4.51 KiB) Viewed 2193 times
Happy Easter
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Happy Easter! Buona Pasqua!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
ES06

Post by ES06 »

Happy Easter. This is what we eat in Finland. Some people claim it has dubious appearance...
Hickersonia

Post by Hickersonia »

I just posted about Easter on my blog this morning -- the holiday has been on my mind quite a bit, what with the family being particularly active in their church and all...

May we each practice rightly, observe the day (if we so choose) in memory of another spiritual legacy, and refrain from thoughts, speech, and actions which might be hurtful (or offensive) to our Christian family and friends, even if we think that it may just be in "good humor."

Be well, friends. :anjali:
Hickersonia
http://hickersonia.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of
throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned."
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Hickersonia wrote:I just posted about Easter on my blog this morning -- the holiday has been on my mind quite a bit, what with the family being particularly active in their church and all...

May we each practice rightly, observe the day (if we so choose) in memory of another spiritual legacy, and refrain from thoughts, speech, and actions which might be hurtful (or offensive) to our Christian family and friends, even if we think that it may just be in "good humor."

Your blog post shows well-balanced attitudes all round - congratulations on maintaining an emphasis on what's good in other religions and what's good for the people closest to you.

:namaste:
Kim
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Hickersonia wrote:I just posted about Easter on my blog this morning -- the holiday has been on my mind quite a bit, what with the family being particularly active in their church and all...

Happy Easter!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
Hickersonia

Post by Hickersonia »

Kim OHara wrote:Your blog post shows well-balanced attitudes all round - congratulations on maintaining an emphasis on what's good in other religions and what's good for the people closest to you.

:namaste:
Kim
Thank you for saying so. I try.
Khalil Bodhi wrote:Happy Easter!
Thank you. May you all be well, friends. :anjali:
Hickersonia
http://hickersonia.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of
throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned."