Passing Away

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Still Searching

Passing Away

Post by Still Searching »

Doctors have runned tests and I ain't got much time.
I have some gaestric/digestive complications.
My white cells have increased.

I'm sorry if this makes anyone depressed.
Thank you for the friendship.
I didn't make it to nirvana but I did some things for the community, I hope that was enough.

AJ
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha
Dan74

Re: Passing Away

Post by Dan74 »

Still Searching wrote:Doctors have runned tests and I ain't got much time.

I didn't make it to nirvana but I did some things for the community, I hope that was enough.

AJ
AJ, I didn't know you were ill. I am so sorry. I hope you have face-to-face support there. Feel free to PM.
I will hold you in my prayers, for what it's worth.
_/|\_
LG2V

Post by LG2V »

Still Searching,

I wish you the best. May you be well and at peace. Feel free to pm me.

Metta,
LG2V
Here are some excellent sites for giving free Dana (Click-Based Donation):
http://freerice.comhttp://greatergood.com/www.ripple.orgwww.thenonprofits.com
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Are you sure it is terminal? Hopefully, the doctors can prescribe something to fix you back up.

Hope you get well.

:buddha1:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Feel free to send me a pm here or on facebook so we can talk about it.
with metta,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
purple planet

Post by purple planet »

Hi its sad to hear

Hope your karma will change and you will get better if not just dont forget all is : anicca anatta dukkha and that its hard (but possible) to reach nirvana in one life so even if you cant make this time around thats normal and you still have a good chance to reach it

From the post i read of yours untill now (and dobule checked by reading a few now) you have right speech no doubt add that an intrest in buddhism which all here got and i think you defiantly have a very good chance to keep the practice next life

But of course i hope and wish you will stay alive in your current body for many years to come - and whatever your karma is -

I wish that for as long as you can you will advance as much as possible and develope all the factors that will stay with you - though sotapanna stage makes sure you will reach nirvana (not sure i think ) i defentliy read in lots of places that before you reach that stage you still have a big chance to reach nirvana even if your a begginer who is just intersted in reaching nirvana and didnt attain anything special and only meditated a little

plus just now i read this thing about noble heritage :
The heritage of a noble person consists of seven nonmaterial qualities: faith or saddhā; morality or sīla; moral shame and moral dread or hirī and ottappa, discussed at length in “Chariot to nibbāna,” the last chapter of this book; knowledge of the Dhamma, and generosity — one is very generous in giving up the kilesas, and in giving gifts to others; and lastly, wisdom, which refers to the series of vipassanā insights and finally the wisdom of penetrating into nibbāna.
But this is just an example - i read on lots of other stuff that can pass - im just not sure of them and cant remember what they were exactly

Anyway i wish you luck - in practice and dealing with the disease :group: :smile:
cooran

Post by cooran »

Have the Doctors given the illness a name?

May you live with ease and well-being, may you be free of mental and physical pain.

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Still Searching

Post by Still Searching »

David N. Snyder wrote:Are you sure it is terminal? Hopefully, the doctors can prescribe something to fix you back up.

Hope you get well.

Hi David,

They've tried everything.
I suffered from stomach ulcers and my thyroid hormones were all over the place.
Due to the increase of self-harm attempts, my organs are slowly failing and my ulcers in the stomach have damaged my stomach lining causing me to not eat.

I've had blood tests, ECG scans and x-ray prints.

Nothing can be done unfortunately, especially with my blood group.

I take responsibility as this all could be avoided if I had not overdosed in the past and ate properly.

Thank you David & Ben as well and all of DW and the monks/nuns from Thailand.

Whatever happens to me, I love you all. I know it's awkward saying that and it may make you a little uncomfortable but I mean it in goodness. You were an important part of my life. You taught me to overcome some of my weak points and now I appreciate life for it's true value. I no longer care about being wealthy and successful. I already am, I was given a life.

DhammaWheel will have a place in my heart and the left over cash, I'm donating it to anxiety charities and mental health teams.

Thank you for getting to know me and accepting me for me. All of you, you're not gods, no one is the boss but you are heroes. You have made a difference in life. We'll always have suffering, like Buddha said, we all still have a problem even if we are almost perfect. You may not see it but all of you are going to save the world.

Metta,

AJ
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

Hi AJ, my name's Michael and I'm sad to hear of your failing health; I am sad that you have to face such a thing while still young.

But don't blame yourself too hard for the damage caused: it is so easy for us to rush ourselves and abuse ourselves to death. Almost every person alive will die earlier than they needed to as a result of their own choices, yet that short sightedness is a big part of being human.

Anyway, I have little to offer but my sympathy and good-will. May the remainder of your life be lived mindfully. May you let go easily when the time comes. And should you have another birth, may it be one conducive to the practice of dhamma.

:heart:
khlawng

Post by khlawng »

Hi AJ,

for some reason, i wrote this down on a piece of paper while on a business trip to europe last week.

i thought i share it with you:

In my next life:
May I be born into a buddhist family of modest means
May my parents be morally upright people and strict with my upbringing
May I have access to good education
May I be surrounded by good friends who will provide me guidence
May I be able to pursue the Buddha's teaching fully
May I reach nibbana

This is not good bye my friend. It is merely a transition to better things ahead.
Kusala

Post by Kusala »

Still Searching wrote:
David N. Snyder wrote:Are you sure it is terminal? Hopefully, the doctors can prescribe something to fix you back up.

Hope you get well.

Hi David,

They've tried everything.
I suffered from stomach ulcers and my thyroid hormones were all over the place.
Due to the increase of self-harm attempts, my organs are slowly failing and my ulcers in the stomach have damaged my stomach lining causing me to not eat.

I've had blood tests, ECG scans and x-ray prints.

Nothing can be done unfortunately, especially with my blood group.

I take responsibility as this all could be avoided if I had not overdosed in the past and ate properly.

Thank you David & Ben as well and all of DW and the monks/nuns from Thailand.

Whatever happens to me, I love you all. I know it's awkward saying that and it may make you a little uncomfortable but I mean it in goodness. You were an important part of my life. You taught me to overcome some of my weak points and now I appreciate life for it's true value. I no longer care about being wealthy and successful. I already am, I was given a life.

DhammaWheel will have a place in my heart and the left over cash, I'm donating it to anxiety charities and mental health teams.

Thank you for getting to know me and accepting me for me. All of you, you're not gods, no one is the boss but you are heroes. You have made a difference in life. We'll always have suffering, like Buddha said, we all still have a problem even if we are almost perfect. You may not see it but all of you are going to save the world.

Metta,

AJ
Spiritual friendship is the whole of the spiritual life. We're all in this together...
"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "
Sanjay PS

Post by Sanjay PS »

Still Searching wrote:Doctors have runned tests and I ain't got much time.

AJ
Hi AJ,

May we all share each others merits , and may we all blossom on the path of knowledge ........

Grateful to your friendship.

May we be happy , well and true.

sanjay
The Path of Dhamma

The path of Dhamma is no picnic . It is a strenuous march steeply up the hill . If all the comrades desert you , Walk alone ! Walk alone ! with all the Thrill !!

U S.N. Goenka