Advice forum

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
iforgotmyname

Advice forum

Postby iforgotmyname » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello,

I've been on these forums a few years back - I remember there was a specific forum where people asked for advice, general advice about their lives. Its no longer there, does that mean that kind of support is no longer given here?

EDIT: I accidentally posted this in the wrong location - it was meant to go in the lounge.

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Re: Advice forum

Postby David N. Snyder » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:01 pm

I moved this topic to the lounge for you.

There was no forum specifically called "advice forum" however, there is a Personal Experience sub-forum where you can ask or post issues such as that. And the Personal Experience sub-forum is only viewable to those members who are logged-in, allowing some level of anonymity.

plwk

Postby plwk » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Few years back? Could that also mean to include a visit on the now defunct E-Sangha Forum that crashed around late 2009 if I recall correctly, where it had a 'Help Required' section (Facing some problems in your life? Our members are always ready to listen to you.)

iforgotmyname

Postby iforgotmyname » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Doc Snyder, thanks so much. I'll have a look at the personal experience forum.

plwk: Yes you're right that's the one! E-sangha. I think I got the two mixed up. I remember genkaku (or genakku) from there.

The other forum I've been on is buddhismwithoutboundaries, run by a really sweet lady - but then I stopped going there becasue that place was full of over the top dawkinists.

Aloka

Postby Aloka » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 pm

The other forum I've been on is buddhismwithoutboundaries, run by a really sweet lady

Thank you for those kind words, iforgotmyname !

but then I stopped going there becasue that place was full of over the top dawkinists.

Ah yes, I remember the Dawkins fans ! (Not one myself)

:D

James the Giant

Postby James the Giant » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:16 am

Dawkins fans!? I must visit this haven of rationalist secular naughty-type buddhists immediately! :toast:
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11

iforgotmyname

Postby iforgotmyname » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:43 am

Aloka wrote:
The other forum I've been on is buddhismwithoutboundaries, run by a really sweet lady

Thank you for those kind words, iforgotmyname !

Oh you're welcome! :smile:

James the Giant wrote:Dawkins fans!? I must visit this haven of rationalist secular naughty-type buddhists immediately!

Ha ha, just don't turn into a Jeohva's Witnesses equivalent - oh how apt, a Dick Witness.

Return to “Lounge”