Page 2 of 3

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:55 am
by SamKR
Happy birthday, and thanks for the Dhamma Wheel.

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:26 am
by Ben
Hi David,
You are my elder by five and one half months. My big 50 will occur in May 2013.
I don't know where I'll be or what I'm doing - but you are invited!
By the way, my 17-year-old son, Darcy, he is very impressed with the Lotus.
I guess you could call it your "Dhamma Wheels"!!
Wishing you a very happy day. No doubt you will do something special with your family.
with metta,

Ben

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:37 am
by DNS
Ben wrote:Hi David,
You are my elder by five and one half months. My big 50 will occur in May 2013.
I don't know where I'll be or what I'm doing - but you are invited!
By the way, my 17-year-old son, Darcy, he is very impressed with the Lotus.
I guess you could call it your "Dhamma Wheels"!!
Hi Ben,

Thanks. Tell Darcy I "liked" his band on facebook. Here are some other photos of the lotus:

Image

Image

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:30 am
by Kusala
Happy birthday, David!

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:06 am
by Alobha
Happy Birthday David! :smile:

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:27 am
by Sylvester
David N. Snyder wrote:We normally celebrate my birthday on Christmas since the office at our business is closed (actual date is Dec. 26 at 1 am). We needed a new car in our household since we have a new driver soon with our daughter learning to drive, so since this was the big 5-O, we decided to get a yellow lotus with a customized license plate:

Image

Many happy returns!

I thought the Lotus is the vimāna of choice of bodhisattvas?

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:50 am
by Thanavuddho
SamKR wrote:Happy birthday, and thanks for the Dhamma Wheel.
ayu vanno sukham balam

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:18 am
by alan
Wow that's a seriously flashy chariot--must have been expensive. Too bad all the components will eventually decay.
I wonder if that money could have been better sent elsewhere.

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:04 am
by Ben
Sylvester wrote:
David N. Snyder wrote:I thought the Lotus is the vimāna of choice of bodhisattvas?
It certainly looks that way!
Thank you for sharing the extra photos, David!
Kind regards,
Ben

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:16 am
by DNS
alan wrote:Wow that's a seriously flashy chariot--must have been expensive. Too bad all the components will eventually decay.
I wonder if that money could have been better sent elsewhere.
Yes, all the components will decay. It is depreciating faster than a rock dropped from the sky. :tongue:

What is a car? Is the engine the car? Is the transmission the car? Are the doors the car? Are the windows the car? Where is the car-ness?

Seriously though, I expected to get some flak for the type of car, but in the end, it's just a car and let's not kid ourselves, we are all lay people (well, most of us here anyway). We probably all could do more by spending elsewhere, whether it be foregoing the theater tickets, the cruises, restaurants, jewelry, tattoos, designer clothes, bars, sports shows, etc., etc. Without mentioning specific amounts, suffice it to say I have spent more on promoting Dhamma and to charitable causes than the cost of this car. We all could do more, including me and I admit I'm not perfect. / :soap:

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:48 am
by Ben
David N. Snyder wrote:. Without mentioning specific amounts, suffice it to say I have spent more on promoting Dhamma and to charitable causes than the cost of this car. We all could do more, including me and I admit I'm not perfect. / :soap:
David,
And I thank you for it
With metta,
Ben

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:59 am
by DNS
Thanks Ben! Kalyana-mittas like you (and my other kalyana-mittas here at DW) are the best treasures! Far superior to any inanimate things.

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:59 am
by Digity
David N. Snyder wrote:
alan wrote:Wow that's a seriously flashy chariot--must have been expensive. Too bad all the components will eventually decay.
I wonder if that money could have been better sent elsewhere.
I have spent more on promoting Dhamma and to charitable causes than the cost of this car. We all could do more, including me and I admit I'm not perfect. / :soap:
Yes, we do appreciate it! This forum has been a great resource.

That being said...Happy B-Day!

P.S. Did you ever consider the license plate "Carma"!

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:26 am
by SamKR
David N. Snyder wrote:We probably all could do more by spending elsewhere, whether it be foregoing the theater tickets, the cruises, restaurants, jewelry, tattoos, designer clothes, bars, sports shows, etc., etc. Without mentioning specific amounts, suffice it to say I have spent more on promoting Dhamma and to charitable causes than the cost of this car. We all could do more, including me and I admit I'm not perfect. / :soap:
Hello David,
I appreciate your contributions to promote Dhamma in the West. And, I congratulate you for the merits earned due to Dhamma-work.
I also plan to contribute in future, and I consider people like you as my sources of inspiration.
Sadhu! :namaste:

Re: Congratulations David N Snyder!

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:36 am
by Dmytro
Greetings, David, and many thanks for your Dhamma work.

Best wishes to you and your family.