The day of Unity

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Annapurna

The day of Unity

Post by Annapurna »

Today is a holiday in Germany:

"Tag der deutschen Einheit".

"Germany Unity Day."

It has deeply impressed me back then, and does to this day, that it was possible to bring down the wall without a war, without violence, just with determined passive resistance, quite in the sense of Mahatma Ghandi, who said:
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
yawares

Re: The day of Unity

Post by yawares »

Annapurna wrote:Today is a holiday in Germany:

"Tag der deutschen Einheit".

"Germany Unity Day."

It has deeply impressed me back then, and does to this day, that it was possible to bring down the wall without a war, without violence, just with determined passive resistance, quite in the sense of Mahatma Ghandi, who said:
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Dear Annapurna,
I love Frankfurt, Germany... It's a beautiful city. Once I/my daughter tagged along Tep who went for Conference in Frankfurt for 4 days...we loved to take buses/trams to go around town...whe we saw beautiful places we would get off the tram/bus to visit. The place I loved the most was Palmengarten...so very pretty!!!
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... Cfrankfurt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We walked around the place all day...love love it.
And we truly love big Frankfurt-hotdog in big bun topped with sweet sauer kraut..yummy!
But we also saw people gave themselves shots of drugs and got high lying at the public places.

Love your post :thumbsup:
yawares