Nicole Kidman : DEAD CALM*****

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
yawares

Nicole Kidman : DEAD CALM*****

Post by yawares »

Dear Members,
This Friday Yawares-Theatre proudly presents this thriller movie DEAD CALM !!!
:jumping: :shock:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... =dead+calm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What do you get when you mix in an amazing Australian director, a rising Australian actress, a prominent New Zealander actor, and a villainous American actor? The result is "Dead Calm," an intense thriller that will leave you adrift in suspense for 90 minutes.

The story, which revolves around an Australian couple taking a vacation to recover from the death of their young child in an automobile accident, might sound like the perfect movie to relax to on any evening, however it isn't. While sailing Australia's Great Barrier Reef and the South Pacific, the young couple played by Nicole Kidman and Sam Neill pick up a castaway played by Billy Zane who is the sole survivor of a sinking ship.

After hearing his story Neill's character decides to go to the ship and check it out firsthand. That was his big mistake. Soon Zane hijacks the yacht and Kidman, leaving Neill to sink in the ship he fled. The sinister motives for Zane's departure from the ship are later discovered as the movie progresses, however it is Kidman's and Zane's chemistry and performance that make this movie one of the best suspense thrillers I have ever seen.

As usual, Zane, is the ideal villain. I wouldn't be surprised if it was this film that led to Hollywood's decision to cast him as a villain in almost every film he has done since "Dead Calm". He was brilliant in "Titanic". However, his performance as the deranged castaway in this film mixes his ability to use his intense sex appeal with his professionalism to the fullest extent.

:jumping: yawares :thumbsup:
Ben

Re: Nicole Kidman : DEAD CALM*****

Post by Ben »

Hi Yawares,

Its not my favourite movie. Neither am I a fan of Nicole Kidman.
The only movie where I thought she acted ok was 'The Others'
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
yawares

Post by yawares »

Ben wrote:Hi Yawares,

Its not my favourite movie. Neither am I a fan of Nicole Kidman.
The only movie where I thought she acted ok was 'The Others'
kind regards,

Ben

Dear Ben,
I thought Australian people love Nicole Kidman :o ??...what about her husband ' Singer Keith Urban '...is he popular in Australia? :jumping: How about the movie AUSTRALIA starring Hugh Jackman/Nicole Kidman...do you like Hugh Jackman?
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... gac&sado=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess you like THE SIXTH SENSE ....Bruce Willis! :thumbsup:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... gac&sado=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yawares :heart: Nicole/Hugh Jackman/Bruce Willis :thumbsup:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Yawares,
Have no doubt, there are plenty of people in Australia who love Nicole Kidman.
As for the movie "Australia" - I don't have anything nice to say about it.
Hugh Jackman is ok as an actor, though I prefer Guy Pearce or Hugo Weaving.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..