MCA RIP

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Tyler

MCA RIP

Post by Tyler »

I dont know how many Hip Hop fans we have on Dhamma Wheel but yesterday Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys passed away. They were a big part of my childhood and Adam planted little seeds of Buddhism throughout their music with songs like the Bodhisattva Vow. I heard the words as a youth and became curious about what he was talking about. I didn't become a Mahayana Buddhist but here I am today revisiting the feelings I had when I first heard chanting of monks in a Beastie Boys song and knew that it was coming from a far away place and resonating with me for some reason. I hope to be a part of at least one persons awareness of Buddhism and Dhamma thru music like MCA has been to me.

:candle:

:anjali:

:candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle:

:candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle:
Ben

Re: MCA RIP

Post by Ben »

http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.ph ... 10#p186505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

Sad news and interesting to hear how he planted the seeds of Buddhism within your mind. I saw them play live in Bangkok some years back.
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Mr Man wrote:Sad news and interesting to hear how he planted the seeds of Buddhism within your mind. I saw them play live in Bangkok some years back.
I saw them in Dusseldorf about 8 years ago. It was a really great show. Lots of energy and it really showed the power of music to me. I was studying abroad from the States and when I got to the concert it was amazing how everyone knew every english lyric. Hip Hop was/is truly a global movement that brought so many people together. We need a rapper to get kids chanting suttas. lol