In Rememberence of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
bodom

In Rememberence of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Post by bodom »

“It really boils down to this: that all life is interrelated. We are all caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied together into a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. We are made to live together because of the interrelated structure of reality... Before you finish eating breakfast in the morning, you’ve depended on more than half the world. This is the way our universe is structured, this is its interrelated quality. We aren’t going to have peace on Earth until we recognize the basic fact of the interrelated structure of all reality.“ - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Re: In Rememberence of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Post by DNS »

:thumbsup:

Dr. King was great. He made the U.S. a much better country. Here is a photo I have at one of my websites:

Jason

Re: In Rememberence of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Post by Jason »

bodom wrote:“It really boils down to this: that all life is interrelated. We are all caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied together into a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. We are made to live together because of the interrelated structure of reality... Before you finish eating breakfast in the morning, you’ve depended on more than half the world. This is the way our universe is structured, this is its interrelated quality. We aren’t going to have peace on Earth until we recognize the basic fact of the interrelated structure of all reality.“ - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

:anjali:
That's a great quote. Someone posted it elsewhere, and I ended up adding it to the end of my blog post about MLK, Jr. Day.
"Sabbe dhamma nalam abhinivesaya" (AN 7.58).

leaves in the hand (Buddhist-related blog)
leaves in the forest (non-Buddhist related blog)