What music are you listening to right now?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Coyote

Re: What music are you listening to right now?

Post by Coyote »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b45jpDpXCtI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If beings knew, as I know, the results of giving & sharing, they would not eat without having given, nor would the stain of miserliness overcome their minds. Even if it were their last bite, their last mouthful, they would not eat without having shared."
Iti 26
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

Bluefish - Mellow Mellow

...soft...
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
Anagarika

Post by Anagarika »

I don't listen to music anymore...the 8 precept thing....but I just walked into a coffee shop to get a strong cuppa Joe, and some classic Queen was pounding from the soundstage speakers at the House Cafe in DeKalb, Illinois.....throwback Monday for me...

Mustapha,
Mustapha,
Ist avil ahiln avil ahiln adhim Mustapha,
Salaam Aleikum!
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

Anagarika wrote:I don't listen to music anymore...the 8 precept thing....
Admirable; music remains on a short list of entertainments in my world, however there's no longer the online gaming insanity...

• "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

daverupa wrote:however there's no longer the online gaming insanity...
Hah, I know exactly what you mean. And speaking gaming soundtracks, this is the best I've ever heard. Some of my favorite tracks are Shared Dig, Nightvision, Surfacing, and Neve's Crossing.

Unreal Gold Soundtrack

Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

Tonkproject - Forever (Original Mix)

NotMe

Post by NotMe »

The soundtrack to minecraft. Mindcraft for me. Its a grandfather/grandson/granddaughter interface/thing for me. Started interfacing with them, in creative mode - peaceful, as soon as i learned of their interest a few years ago. We still have that world going. That game will be an asset all the way to M.I.T. or where ever they decide to go into their adulthood. Great tool for exploring any aspect of life. We are up to normal survival (vegetarian!) - if i can just get the son to leave the darned Zombie Pigmen alone [have to keep restoring from backups - they fly out the portals after ya!], we'll be out of the Nether soon and set for the Ender guys. Eventual goal is a round of hardcore survival with them.

metta

[MojoMagic1 on MC servers]

and still listening to Freehand - Gentle Giant.
NotMe

Post by NotMe »

sattva wrote: As a teen, I use to have a poster of the lead singer, Mark Lindsay. :D
Kicks! "I rate that tune a 10, it has a good beat - you can really dance to it!" dick clark

My last gig as a professional musician was at the Cowboy Hall of Fame here with a little known guy, member of the famed "Wrecking Crew", named Glen Campbell, in 1990, just yesterday wasn't it?
All things are so temporary:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/opinions/ ... index.html

metta
SDC

Post by SDC »

I'm in this sort of mood for my 1700th post.

“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
sattva

Post by sattva »

NotMe wrote:
Kicks! "I rate that tune a 10, it has a good beat - you can really dance to it!" dick clark

My last gig as a professional musician was at the Cowboy Hall of Fame here with a little known guy, member of the famed "Wrecking Crew", named Glen Campbell, in 1990, just yesterday wasn't it?
All things are so temporary:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/opinions/ ... index.html

metta

Dick Clark :smile:

1990 was an important year in my life. So much of what was a part of my life then, has disappeared like "Dust in the Wind." Temporary, indeed! :anjali:
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

Digging My Potato

harmonica blues

Urban Myth Club - Spacewalk

tinkling chillout

denise

Post by denise »

Paul Horn :meditate:
SDC

Post by SDC »

“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

"We're all gonna die"
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."