tiltbillings and samvega

If you wish to partake in casual "off-topic" discussion amongst spiritual friends, please do so in the Lounge at Dhamma Wheel Engaged.
MoesTavern

tiltbillings and samvega

Post by MoesTavern » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Im following the discussion about the satipathana sutta in the study group forum. Many interesting comments are made by tiltbillings and samvega and now I wonder who you two are? I ve been trying to search you in the introduction forum but have not succeeded. Most of my browsing of the forum is through a cellphone that has a few shortcomings so pardon me if I ve missed something. Anyway, my question is this: what are your credentials? Humble students of the Dhamma - or some kind of official teacher role?
Metta metta

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: tiltbillings and samvega

Post by retrofuturist » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Greetings,

:spy:

:D

Metta,
Retro. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

tiltbillings

Re: tiltbillings and samvega

Post by tiltbillings » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:00 pm

MoesTavern wrote: what are your credentials? Humble students of the Dhamma - or some kind of official teacher role?
Definitely no a teacher; naught more than the humblest of student who has been at this for about over 40 years. And that thnak you for the kind words.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723