"There was a complaint"

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Individual

"There was a complaint"

Post by Individual »

If you lock or delete a thread, "there was a complaint" should not be a sufficient justification. The complaint itself should always be evaluated. :)
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
Hoo

Re: "There was a complaint"

Post by Hoo »

Individual wrote:If you lock or delete a thread, "there was a complaint" should not be a sufficient justification. The complaint itself should always be evaluated. :)
Actually, I thought that was going along better than before. Once upon a time, long ago and far away :? , it seemed the moderator just did it and no one knew why. Recently it seems there is always a comment to the public that it is (going off topic, violating a forum rule, etc.) Comments to the individual I don't know about. I hope they are explaining to the violator - hard to change a behavior if one isn't clearly shown the problem - but I don't see that as a public event.

So I agree that the complaint itself should be worked for a good outcome for all. Doing that isn't necessarily easy, though, and we are here at the invitation of the forum owners, who direct the admins, who direct the mods, etc.

Their wishes take priority, IMHO. If I don't like the outcome, I can vote with my feet. I did that on another forum a few years ago. I even did it here once, for a while. I heartily reccomend just leaving for a while :) It helps me to examine why I am so passionate about something - a frequent sign that I am preaching about my attachments. :toilet:

Hoo
Vepacitta

Post by Vepacitta »

Indie - you know that I am very concerned for you.

However, for my own part - I have never found you annoying or rude. Politness and niceness counts a lot here on Mt. Meru - whether one is emotionally stable or not.

I am worried that you seem to be in a pretty manic state - and I wonder if the strain of caring for you Mum has anything to do with it. Also, if you do have too much time on your hands (and I don't know this - I've just seen posts to that effect) - something constructive may be of great service to you - yes - a job. As I said - dunno if this is the case.

You're young - and we all of us go through bad patches in our lives - and this appears to be one for you.

Please take care of yourself and if necessary - get some help - doesn't have to be a psyche either - perhaps someone older who you respect.

From Mt. Meru,

V.
I'm your friendly, neighbourhood Asura
Individual

Post by Individual »

Vepacitta wrote: I am worried that you seem to be in a pretty manic state
I was. It has since settled. 8-)

Instead of drowning, now it is like a great ocean of happiness that I drink from -- just a little -- for energy and strength.

I am still sometimes distracted, un-mindful, and proud. My own ramblings on here can sometimes be a reflection of that. :)
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

It is not a valid assumption that complaints are not evaluated before action is taken. They are always carefully considered before any action is taken. The OP is essentially a complaint about the moderation here. We have in place a procedure for lodging complaints about moderation, which does not include a public complaint.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723