Logged Out Frequently

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
No_Mind

Logged Out Frequently

Post by No_Mind »

I am getting logged out every few seconds.

If I want to write a reply it asks me to log in when I click New Post, when I click Submit, when I click Edit.

:namaste:
"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”― Albert Camus
retrofuturist

Re: Logged Out Frequently

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Please try a different browser and see if that changes anything.

If it does, you will have narrowed it down to an issue with your browser settings.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
No_Mind

Post by No_Mind »

I was using Chrome. Let me try Firefox.

"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”― Albert Camus
No_Mind

Post by No_Mind »

Same issue with FF also. I had to try many times to post this reply.

Every time I click Post Reply it would ask me to login and I would rewrite the line and it would again ask me to log in when I click Submit
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Have you adjusted your settings on these browsers to accept cookies, caching etc.?

Just wondering whether you might have adjusted something in the name of privacy or virus protection etc. that's have adverse consequences...

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
No_Mind

Post by No_Mind »

retrofuturist wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:00 am Greetings,

Have you adjusted your settings on these browsers to accept cookies, caching etc.?

Just wondering whether you might have adjusted something in the name of privacy or virus protection etc. that's have adverse consequences...

Metta,
No.

I just wonder if there is a "log out inactive time" in Account Settings that has become activated somehow.

I can log into mail, banking, Grammarly and other sites fine (I mean I stay logged in)

retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Not at a global level, and I don't recall such a function existing in the User Control Panel...

What happens if you try via a phone?

Metta,
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

I'm getting multiple posts of the same post.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
DooDoot wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:40 am I'm getting multiple posts of the same post.
Can you post a screenshot of what's happening?

Metta,
No_Mind

Post by No_Mind »

retrofuturist wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:41 am Greetings,
DooDoot wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:40 am I'm getting multiple posts of the same post.

Metta,
A screenshot would have been insufficient. I shared a 2.5 minute video file 5 MB of my login attempts.

Download here

https://gofile.io/?c=CdPy6v

I created the file myself using VLC Media Player. I would guess that chance of malware is nil. If it does not work will share in some other way

Edit Add - If you use Firefox the video plays in the browser with no need for download.

SDC

Post by SDC »

No_Mind wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:25 pm
retrofuturist wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:41 am Greetings,

Metta,
A screenshot would have been insufficient. I shared a 2.5 minute video file 5 MB of my login attempts.

Download here

https://gofile.io/?c=CdPy6v

I created the file myself using VLC Media Player. I would guess that chance of malware is nil. If it does not work will share in some other way

Edit Add - If you use Firefox the video plays in the browser with no need for download.

Are you using a cell? Or perhaps going through wifi? Because I move around all day and go between wifi and towers and that logs you out automatically some times.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
salayatananirodha

Post by salayatananirodha »

the website logs me out after a few days and it appears to be spaced apart at different intervals

i would rather stay logged in unless i log out manually
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
Srilankaputra

Post by Srilankaputra »

No_Mind wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:36 am Same issue with FF also. I had to try many times to post this reply.

Every time I click Post Reply it would ask me to login and I would rewrite the line and it would again ask me to log in when I click Submit
I get the same issue some times. But only on wifi, never on data. I just make sure I copy the whole thing and repaste if it asks me to log in again.

Wish you all success in all your endeavours. Goodbye!
binocular

Post by binocular »

salayatananirodha wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:21 pmthe website logs me out after a few days and it appears to be spaced apart at different intervals
Same here. This happens while at the same desktop computer, not using any other devices or other desktops, nor changing any browser or forum settings in the meantime. It just logs me out mysteriously; sometimes it keeps me logged in for a month, other times, it logs me out after a few days.
Perhaps this could happen if someone else would try to acces my account from another computer?

Also, troubles when posting: If I first hit preview, it often loads and loads and gets nowhere, eventually deleting my post/refreshing the page. If I first hit post, it sometimes loads and loads, and then there are multiple posts.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
No_Mind

Post by No_Mind »

SDC wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:59 pm Are you using a cell? Or perhaps going through wifi? Because I move around all day and go between wifi and towers and that logs you out automatically some times.
No. I don't use cell for browsing. I do use my home wifi.

Basically I post using a desktop connected to the net through wifi router