Poe's Law - Defense

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
User avatar
SDC
Posts: 4945
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by SDC » Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 pm

Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:50 pm
Let me know when you become capable of this feat.
You're too busy rejecting everyone who doesn't think exactly like you to care what other people are capable of.

User avatar
Manopubbangama
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: Pennsylvania Route 969 *Europe*

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by Manopubbangama » Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 pm

SDC wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:51 pm
Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:48 pm
Implosion?

Sure, but you are just a troll.

Really Buddhists can see this.

You have dedicated your life to being a troll.

So I thank you for your....compassion....

But the fruit of cause and effect will take its course, internet slanders aside.
Just because you decided you understood what I am thinking doesn't mean you're right. Just listening to you talk goes to show just how much you go on assumption. If you think your fooling anyone, you're not.
Coming from the guy who called this thread an 'implosion' yet who is incapable of addressing any of the content, but resorts constantly to slander.


The fact remains, this is not a Buddhist forum. It is a bathroom wall filled with graffiti, lies and misinformation.
Last edited by Manopubbangama on Wed May 29, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SDC
Posts: 4945
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by SDC » Wed May 29, 2019 5:59 pm

Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 pm
who is incapable of addressing any of the content, which amounts to either laziness or something else.
I addressed it directly.
SDC wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:47 pm
All we're trying to do here is maintain a discussion space where all aspects of Theravada can be discussed. It is a combination of making sure individuals aren't attempting to limit nor broaden that scope beyond points whereby Theravada and, most importantly, the Buddha, are misrepresented. And that which is within that scope, it is the goal for the ToS and the actions of the membership to take care of the rest in terms of maintaining a community.

You seem to have a goal in mind that applies to something much broader and it would surely limit what we are trying to do here.
And you never responded.

User avatar
Manopubbangama
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: Pennsylvania Route 969 *Europe*

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by Manopubbangama » Wed May 29, 2019 6:03 pm

SDC wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:59 pm
Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 pm
who is incapable of addressing any of the content, which amounts to either laziness or something else.
I addressed it directly.
SDC wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:47 pm
All we're trying to do here is maintain a discussion space where all aspects of Theravada can be discussed. It is a combination of making sure individuals aren't attempting to limit nor broaden that scope beyond points whereby Theravada and, most importantly, the Buddha, are misrepresented. And that which is within that scope, it is the goal for the ToS and the actions of the membership to take care of the rest in terms of maintaining a community.

You seem to have a goal in mind that applies to something much broader and it would surely limit what we are trying to do here.
And you never responded.
The fact that you never addressed the points in the original argument is documented forensically.

The fact that the Buddha is misrepresented here on a daily basis is obvious, as well.

The very fact that threads are taken down which critisize pay-for-play "Dhamma teachers" who charge exorbitant amounts of money to learn "Dhamma" is about as evident as it gets.

YES, I know about that....

User avatar
Sam Vara
Posts: 5515
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: Sussex, U.K.

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by Sam Vara » Wed May 29, 2019 6:03 pm

Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 pm

The fact remains, this is not a Buddhist forum. It is a bathroom wall filled with graffiti, lies and misinformation.
There does seem to be some truth in that. I was engaging in some friendly exchanges about Pali compound nouns, some videos made by Sujato, and the inclusion of Sati within Samadhi, and then you turned up and posted about sucking boys tongues, Iranian women have STDs, anal rape, farting, and the low average IQ of racial groups.

Beautiful in the beginning, beautiful in the middle, and beautiful in the end, as we say around here...

User avatar
Manopubbangama
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: Pennsylvania Route 969 *Europe*

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by Manopubbangama » Wed May 29, 2019 6:08 pm

Sam Vara wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:03 pm
Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 pm

The fact remains, this is not a Buddhist forum. It is a bathroom wall filled with graffiti, lies and misinformation.
There does seem to be some truth in that. I was engaging in some friendly exchanges about Pali compound nouns, some videos made by Sujato, and the inclusion of Sati within Samadhi, and then you turned up and posted about sucking boys tongues, Iranian women have STDs, anal rape, farting, and the low average IQ of racial groups.

Beautiful in the beginning, beautiful in the middle, and beautiful in the end, as we say around here...
Responding to others claims about Islam is a duty.

You write threads here about allowing men to penetrate you and call it empowering.

What is it that you call it?

Power-bottom?

How is this talk related to Theravadin Buddhism???

*Yes, I am obviously aware of the fact that this little clique of bored cultural-relativists are trying to impugn my character by suddenly appearing to be "open-minded."

This is, of course, to be expected, as what else could they do other than slander?
Sam Vara wrote: ↑
Sun May 26, 2019 10:21 pm

Nobody suggested that the "bottom" was inferior. That's an assumption you supplied. Google "power bottom" to see an opposing view.
Indeed.....Power Bottom....

....

And these are the few people here attempting to slander my points without even addressing them (of course).
Last edited by Manopubbangama on Wed May 29, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SDC
Posts: 4945
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by SDC » Wed May 29, 2019 6:11 pm

Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:03 pm

The very fact that threads are taken down which critisize pay-for-play "Dhamma teachers" who charge exorbitant amounts of money to learn "Dhamma" is about as evident as it gets.

YES, I know about that....
I don't know what threads you are referring to, but I'd be just as against such a thing as you are. So...? I'm not deleting you bringing it up right now, am I? Again with the vast conspiracies. First you accused the entire staff member of being in a Nanavira cult, when the truth is I am the only staff member who considers him a primary teacher. I'm at a loss.
Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 pm
The fact remains, this is not a Buddhist forum. It is a bathroom wall filled with graffiti, lies and misinformation.
And what remains the ultimate tradgedy with you membership is that you have a very useful viewpoint that could balance out the forum in certain respects, but unfortunately you are incapable of channeling that energy into productive material for others to work with. You resort to such a degree of feistiness that your points get lost in a sea of vulgarity that is often not worth the read. If only you could develop tact, you may actually get members to want to listen to you. But instead you want to insult the forum left and right and then cut and run. Do I have that correct?

User avatar
Manopubbangama
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: Pennsylvania Route 969 *Europe*

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by Manopubbangama » Wed May 29, 2019 6:22 pm

SDC wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:11 pm
Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:03 pm

The very fact that threads are taken down which critisize pay-for-play "Dhamma teachers" who charge exorbitant amounts of money to learn "Dhamma" is about as evident as it gets.

YES, I know about that....
I don't know what threads you are referring to, but I'd be just as against such a thing as you are. So...? I'm not deleting you bringing it up right now, am I? Again with the vast conspiracies. First you accused the entire staff member of being in a Nanavira cult, when the truth is I am the only staff member who considers him a primary teacher. I'm at a loss.
Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 pm
The fact remains, this is not a Buddhist forum. It is a bathroom wall filled with graffiti, lies and misinformation.
And what remains the ultimate tradgedy with you membership is that you have a very useful viewpoint that could balance out the forum in certain respects, but unfortunately you are incapable of channeling that energy into productive material for others to work with. You resort to such a degree of feistiness that your points get lost in a sea of vulgarity that is often not worth the read. If only you could develop tact, you may actually get members to want to listen to you. But instead you want to insult the forum left and right and then cut and run. Do I have that correct?
Suddenly you have something good to say about me. After all the insults documented in the thread and elsewhere?

I don't believe you.

I don't believe you are honest at all.

Because I have been pulled into this forum, and I admit - I was fooled at first, for at least several weeks, if not months, which is not a good indicator of street smarts.

But the truth is simply that the only good that can be done here is to tell other Buddhists the truth that this forum is garbage, and why?

Because Buddhism is about the end of suffering and this board does nothing but propagate wrong view and it does so incessantly.

Even the few members who post here often basically hate one another with a passion.

I have zero desire to become a "leader" in Buddhism, I never want to lead anyone.

My professional and family life are more than sufficient for that, were i to crave recognition.

I just will continue to compassionately warn innocent would-be victims of the truth until I am banned again.

And am perfectly okay with this, given the level of trust I have for those empowered with moderatorial abilities after all the slander and illogic that I have seen from them.

The sad thing is that there are members here who are literally suicidal and confused, and they are NOT being helped at all.

After reading many of their PMs I know how much they are suffering.

I only hope that they avoid all of the predators in so-called Western Buddhism and find true friends, true teachers who have dedicated their lives to the purpose of the end of suffering for living beings.

User avatar
SDC
Posts: 4945
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by SDC » Wed May 29, 2019 6:28 pm

Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:22 pm
Suddenly you have something good to say about me. After all the insults documented in the thread and elsewhere?

I don't believe you.

I don't believe you are honest at all.

...
Believe whatever you want. Believe I banned you in that thread two months back (when I didn't) because I was too "cowardly" to hear what you had to say. Believe the dozens of other ideas that you already "know" are true.
Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:22 pm
Because I have been pulled into this forum, and I admit - I was fooled at first, for at least several weeks, if not months, which is not a good indicator of street smarts.
You still don't get it. It is whatever you make it, based on what you choose to say, but all you choose to say is to "be the way I want it" without filling that space with what you think is useful. You just fill it with accusations and frustration for it not bending to your will. You want it to be filled with more of what you think is "true" Theravada, then tell us what that actually means separate from a backhand to what it isn't. You're corroding and sabotaging your own work and I am surprised you cannot see that.

User avatar
Dan74-MkII
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:22 am

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by Dan74-MkII » Wed May 29, 2019 6:30 pm

SDC wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:11 pm
Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:03 pm

The very fact that threads are taken down which critisize pay-for-play "Dhamma teachers" who charge exorbitant amounts of money to learn "Dhamma" is about as evident as it gets.

YES, I know about that....
I don't know what threads you are referring to, but I'd be just as against such a thing as you are. So...? I'm not deleting you bringing it up right now, am I? Again with the vast conspiracies. First you accused the entire staff member of being in a Nanavira cult, when the truth is I am the only staff member who considers him a primary teacher. I'm at a loss.
Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 pm
The fact remains, this is not a Buddhist forum. It is a bathroom wall filled with graffiti, lies and misinformation.
And what remains the ultimate tradgedy with you membership is that you have a very useful viewpoint that could balance out the forum in certain respects, but unfortunately you are incapable of channeling that energy into productive material for others to work with. You resort to such a degree of feistiness that your points get lost in a sea of vulgarity that is often not worth the read. If only you could develop tact, you may actually get members to want to listen to you. But instead you want to insult the forum left and right and then cut and run. Do I have that correct?
:goodpost:

Manopub invariably brings a great deal of entertaining stuff to the forum, aka papanca, but also some interesting stirring from time to time.

Muscular Christianity, some good ol fashioned macho homophobia plus Muslim bashing with rude and arrogant posturing makes him a proper Buddhist and a role model for us all. Maybe in a very different universe.

But his honesty and a sharp intellect are refreshing in their way. And when such views are thrown at me, what comes up is great fodder for practice.

:namaste:
Last edited by Dan74-MkII on Wed May 29, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SDC
Posts: 4945
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by SDC » Wed May 29, 2019 6:32 pm

Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:22 pm
I just will continue to compassionately warn innocent would-be victims of the truth until I am banned again.
You're trying way too hard to get that to happen. I won't support your martyrdom this time.

User avatar
Manopubbangama
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: Pennsylvania Route 969 *Europe*

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by Manopubbangama » Wed May 29, 2019 6:32 pm

SDC wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:28 pm
Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:22 pm
Suddenly you have something good to say about me. After all the insults documented in the thread and elsewhere?

I don't believe you.

I don't believe you are honest at all.

...
Believe whatever you want. Believe I banned you in that thread two months back (when I didn't) because I was too "cowardly" to hear what you had to say. Believe the dozens of other ideas that you already "know" are true.
Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:22 pm
Because I have been pulled into this forum, and I admit - I was fooled at first, for at least several weeks, if not months, which is not a good indicator of street smarts.
You still don't get it. It is whatever you make it, based on what you choose to say, but all you choose to say is to "be the way I want it" without filling that space with what you think is useful. You just fill it with accusations and frustration for it not bending to your will. You want it to be filled with more of what you think is "true" Theravada, then tell us what that actually means separate from a backhand to what it isn't. You're corroding and sabotaging your own work and I am surprised you cannot see that.

Did you just remove my signature that told Buddhists to go to Buddhist countries to learn Buddhism?

It disappeared...

If you didn't do that, who did and why would you or them consider that something that should be censored?

User avatar
SDC
Posts: 4945
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by SDC » Wed May 29, 2019 6:33 pm

Mano gets the last word and then the thread is locked. It will likely get chopped and removed after that.

User avatar
SDC
Posts: 4945
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by SDC » Wed May 29, 2019 6:35 pm

Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:32 pm
Did you just remove my signature that told Buddhists to go to Buddhist countries to learn Buddhism?

It disappeared...

If you didn't do that, who did and why would you or them consider that something that should be censored?
Did I not just say I'm not partaking in your martyrdom? No it wasn't me.

User avatar
Manopubbangama
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: Pennsylvania Route 969 *Europe*

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by Manopubbangama » Wed May 29, 2019 6:36 pm

SDC wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:32 pm
Manopubbangama wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:22 pm
I just will continue to compassionately warn innocent would-be victims of the truth until I am banned again.
You're trying way too hard to get that to happen. I won't support your martyrdom this time.
Meh, I could care less.

Its obvious your intent is to continue to allow low IQ individuals like Dan74 to slander me without providing any content to the OP (as if this individual were capable of an intelligent thought) in order to try to get me to, in your own words, "implode," by responding to them in kind.

Its not working. Nor will it.

by SDC » Wed May 29, 2019 8:33 pm
Mano gets the last word and then the thread is locked. It will likely get chopped and removed after that.

And yet you claim to be against censorship *sighs*.

This thread will live for eternity, fyi.

Thats how the internet works...

Sorry.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests