Deleting account functionality

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
sentinel

Deleting account functionality

Post by sentinel »

Greetings ,

Does dhamma wheel equipped with function
enable deleting one own account ?
You always gain by giving
Virgo

Re: Deleting account functionality

Post by Virgo »

I don't believe that is possible. As far as I know, even administrators do not have the option to do so. And even if they could, they might opt not to because if all your posts disappeared, it would ruin the conversations which you participated in because people would no longer be able to read your posts, replies, etc. This would cause other people to lose out because the topics which you participated in would no longer make sense.

You can chose to stop posting if you wish to, or possibly ask moderators to suspend your posting privelages although I don't know why you would need or want to do that.

Kevin...
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Virgo wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:57 pm I don't believe that is possible. As far as I know, even administrators do not have the option to do so. And even if they could, they might opt not to because if all your posts disappeared, it would ruin the conversations which you participated in because people would no longer be able to read your posts, replies, etc. This would cause other people to lose out because the topics which you participated in would no longer make sense.

You can chose to stop posting if you wish to, or possibly ask moderators to suspend your posting privelages although I don't know why you would need or want to do that.

Kevin...
Thanks Virgo. I think you are right in all respects here.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Correct, it is our policy not to delete accounts nor posts. It disrupts the conversations. Once a poster stops posting here, it doesn't take long for his/her posts to fall down the pile of topics where it would be even pretty difficult for anyone to find them without doing a purposeful search for them.

We can deactivate accounts at a member's request, but as noted above, there's really no point in that.
Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu »

Generate a random string of numbers you cannot remember. Write it down once. Change your password to that. Now destroy the paper.

Voila, account deleted.
What is the Uncreated?
Sublime & free, what is that obscured Eternity?
It is the Undying, the Bright, the Isle.
It is an Ocean, a Secret: Reality.
Both life and oblivion, it is Nirvāṇa.