Typing delays

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
lostitude

Typing delays

Post by lostitude »

Hello,

I'm not really sure where to post this, but I've been experiencing time lags when typing up posts, and this happens on different computers so I"m wondering if there is a problem with both my computers or if it is related to the forum itself. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Typing delays

Post by Sam Vara »

lostitude wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:20 pm Hello,

I'm not really sure where to post this, but I've been experiencing time lags when typing up posts, and this happens on different computers so I"m wondering if there is a problem with both my computers or if it is related to the forum itself. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks.
You said recently that one of my posts to you (on the thread about money) seemed to appear after Sarath's, which was definitely posted later. It looks as if there might have been an issue, so I'll raise it with other moderators.
mrgrtt123

Post by mrgrtt123 »

So far everything works fine on my end. Let us try to wait for the moderators feedback about this concern.
A web designer at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Everything appears to be fine, fast posting for me. It could be one or more of the following:

1. Slow internet service from your ISP (internet service provider), which can be either temporary or permanent.
2. Slow or older computer
3. Not enough RAM on your computer (especially if you're running lots of things in the background)
4. Your internet package doesn't include a very fast Mbs (if you can afford, try to order at least 75 Mbs)

You can check your speed here:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Idappaccayata

Post by Idappaccayata »

DNS wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:39 pm 4. Your internet package doesn't include a very fast Mbs (if you can afford, try to order at least 75 Mbs)

You can check your speed here:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Interesting. I've never had more than 25mbs and it's always been super fast. Streaming multiple devices, downloading things etc. Never had an issue
A dying man can only rely upon his wisdom, if he developed it. Wisdom is not dependent upon any phenomenon originated upon six senses. It is developed on the basis of the discernment of the same. That’s why when one’s senses start to wither and die, the knowledge of their nature remains unaffected. When there is no wisdom, there will be despair, in the face of death.

- Ajahn Nyanamoli Thero
lostitude

Post by lostitude »

Thanks everyone, and my apologies for the useless fuss, as I seem to have found the culprit: my Dvorak keyboard that requires additional software, it seems that it doen's work very well on discussion fora. I'll just have to revert to qwerty on this forum.

Thanks!
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

No worries, and I'm glad it's sorted!