Question and answers website by Ven. Dhammanando

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
SarathW

Question and answers website by Ven. Dhammanando

Post by SarathW »

I always look forward to reading Ven. Dhammanando's post in Dhamma Wheel and Sutta central.
It would be great if he could publish his answers to questions as collection similar to Pure Dhamma website (https://puredhamma.net) or the website of Ven. Pesala (aimwell.org.)

I am not sure how much time and cost involved in maintaining such a website but we certainly can help him with this task.
This is my 9999 post. I hope it is a good number.
I started writing him a PM but thought it is better if I make this an open letter to him. This idea came to me when I read his answers in the following post. I think we have to have a system to protect these valuable teaching as a collection.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32807&start=15#p488109

:D
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
DooDoot

Re: Question and answers website by Ven. Dhammanando

Post by DooDoot »

DW can have a 'Ask Ven. Dhammanando' subforum; where only questions to Ven D are allowed (including in follow up posts).
Attachments
ask monk.png
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando »

Hi Sarath,

Though I appreciate the gracious proposal, I'm afraid I have to decline it. My posting here and at Sutta Central and Facebook already takes up all the time (i.e., an hour and a half a day) that I'm prepared to devote to online stuff.

:coffee:
Yena yena hi maññanti,
tato taṃ hoti aññathā.

In whatever way they conceive it,
It turns out otherwise.
(Sn. 588)
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

I understand your time constraint Bhante perhaps you can write your answers as a blog then post them to the relevant forum.
So you catch two birds in one stroke. I feel you leverage your time by doing this and benefiting many instead of few.
:D
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
samseva

Post by samseva »

A repository of Ven. Dhammanando's posts could be a good idea. People could ask questions here or on SuttaCentral, and every new post that has valuable information could then be added. The text from the post could be pasted, along with the link of the original post.

I could look into this to see if I can create a setup that makes it simple and quick to add posts. Although, if I were to do this, I wouldn't add every single post—I wouldn't include posts that are too intertwined with the topic, topics that aren't that much of value or are unrelated to Dhamma, personal or forum-related posts, and so on.

I would obviously need Ven. Dhammanando's permission, as well DNS's and retro's permission for here, and Ven. Sujato at SuttaCentral.

It's not sure I will being doing this though, but if it isn't too much work, I possibly will.
samseva

Post by samseva »

Dhammanando wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:29 pm My posting here and at Sutta Central and Facebook already takes up all the time (i.e., an hour and a half a day) that I'm prepared to devote to online stuff.
Do you post/participate in Dhamma-related groups on Facebook, or it is rather just direct messages and replying to general comments?
Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando »

samseva wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:51 pm A repository of Ven. Dhammanando's posts could be a good idea.
I would prefer that there not be one.
samseva wrote: Do you post/participate in Dhamma-related groups on Facebook, or it is rather just direct messages and replying to general comments?
These days it's almost entirely communication by private message. I have found myself being involuntarily added to no end of Facebook Buddhist groups but I don't usually read or post to any of them. Every few months I manually remove my name from each group and click the button that stops the moderators from re-adding me.
Yena yena hi maññanti,
tato taṃ hoti aññathā.

In whatever way they conceive it,
It turns out otherwise.
(Sn. 588)
samseva

Post by samseva »

Dhammanando wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:01 am
samseva wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:51 pm A repository of Ven. Dhammanando's posts could be a good idea.
I would prefer that there not be one.
Okay then, no problem. I won't make one.