Ability to save individual posts?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
budo

Ability to save individual posts?

Post by budo »

Is there a way to save individual posts? Not the whole threads, just the individual posts. It would be great if I could open up a "my saved posts" page and scroll through them. I have a lot of browser bookmarks but over time they get cluttered, or lost, etc..

I know you can subscribe to threads, but that's for the purpose of notifications which I'm not interested in.

Thank you
DooDoot

Re: Ability to save individual posts?

Post by DooDoot »

There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

If you mean individual posts by different members, then what I do is to just save them all - the URLs - in a separate folder on my computer. They can be sorted by topic, or copied if they fall into multiple categories. It's as fast as using anything here on DW.
budo

Post by budo »

Sam Vara wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:40 pm If you mean individual posts by different members, then what I do is to just save them all - the URLs - in a separate folder on my computer. They can be sorted by topic, or copied if they fall into multiple categories. It's as fast as using anything here on DW.
I just started a new google drive document and pasted the posts I like directly into it, then I inserted an auto-generated table of contents at the top. It's as close as I'm going to get :P
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

budo wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:27 pm
Sam Vara wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:40 pm If you mean individual posts by different members, then what I do is to just save them all - the URLs - in a separate folder on my computer. They can be sorted by topic, or copied if they fall into multiple categories. It's as fast as using anything here on DW.
I just started a new google drive document and pasted the posts I like directly into it, then I inserted an auto-generated table of contents at the top. It's as close as I'm going to get :P
:thumbsup: Yes, that's an added level of sophistication! Good luck with it!
Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble »

If you feel like making a collaborative version, let me know, we can collate together.
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha
budo

Post by budo »

Pseudobabble wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:29 am
If you feel like making a collaborative version, let me know, we can collate together.
Sure I'll PM you