No meta-discussion opens the door to propaganda and irresponsible behavior

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Aloka

Re: No meta-discussion opens the door to propaganda and irresponsible behavior

Post by Aloka »

binocular wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:46 pm
Aloka wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:32 pm
binocular wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:59 pm No, I'm talking about bigger things. About the principles by which actual Buddhists actually live, not the ones they officially espouse. Because it's the ones by which they actually live that actually matter.
How can we know for sure how people who post in internet forums actually live in "meat space" ?
The distinction I'm talking about isn't about online vs. RL. It's the distinction between what people actually believe and live by vs. what they proclaim to believe and live by. The two can be opposite.

Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.
Sorry, but I've never read or watched "The Hunger Games".
As a schoolteacher, you should, to know what the kids who are entrusted to you read/watch.
As someone I've never met, who isn't a Buddhist and who lives in a different country to me, you shouldn't be telling me how to do my job.

Have a good day :anjali:

binocular

Post by binocular »

dharmacorps wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:26 pmYou can't control other people's principals. If others act incongruent with the principals they espouse that's on them and is none of your business really.
It is my business, if acting with this discrepancy would bring me, too, an evolutionary advantage.
Why shouldn't I know the secret to success? Why should it be limited to others only?
If you don't believe your needs are being met on this forum and Buddhist principals aren't being met here, then, to be consistent with your statements, shouldn't you refuse to participate here?
Typical. "If you don't like it here, there's the door."
to be consistent with your statements
Why don't you actually read what I'm saying, and stop assuming? Or is such jumping to conclusions yet another evolutionary advantageous strategy ...
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
binocular

Post by binocular »

Aloka wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:34 am As someone I've never met, who isn't a Buddhist and who lives in a different country to me, you shouldn't be telling me how to do my job.
And that's what you take from what I said??
Have a good day :anjali:
Oh, please.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!