sutta-sharing subforum

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
dylanj

sutta-sharing subforum

Post by dylanj »

please, since apparently i can't do this on the current subforums
Born, become, arisen – made, prepared, short-lived
Bonded by decay and death – a nest for sickness, perishable
Produced by seeking nutriment – not fit to take delight in

Departure from this is peaceful – beyond reasoning and enduring
Unborn, unarisen – free from sorrow and stain
Ceasing of all factors of suffering – stilling of all preparations is bliss
dylanj

Re: sutta-sharing subforum

Post by dylanj »

I think this is a good idea so that we can have individual threads for individual suttas, so people can just scroll through & read suttas they might not otherwise find, so we can have suttas presented in & of themselves - speaking for themselves - without any necessary external force acting on how they might be interpreted, & so that people here read the Dhamma more instead of just talking about it.

Please take it into consideration.
Born, become, arisen – made, prepared, short-lived
Bonded by decay and death – a nest for sickness, perishable
Produced by seeking nutriment – not fit to take delight in

Departure from this is peaceful – beyond reasoning and enduring
Unborn, unarisen – free from sorrow and stain
Ceasing of all factors of suffering – stilling of all preparations is bliss
Wizard in the Forest

Post by Wizard in the Forest »

I actually think it would be unique and similar to the sutta study group Mike has, but it allows us to pick and choose what Sutta we want to discuss and what relevance it has to our own experiences and life.
"One is not born a woman, but becomes one."- Simone de Beauvoir
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Dylan,
dylanj wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:23 am I think this is a good idea so that we can have individual threads for individual suttas, so people can just scroll through & read suttas they might not otherwise find, so we can have suttas presented in & of themselves - speaking for themselves - without any necessary external force acting on how they might be interpreted, & so that people here read the Dhamma more instead of just talking about it.
This is a discussion forum, not a book.

There are already plenty of places online that people can go to read the Dhamma - far fewer that provide a suitable place for people to discuss it with others.

Greetings Wizard,
Wizard in the Forest wrote:I actually think it would be unique and similar to the sutta study group Mike has, but it allows us to pick and choose what Sutta we want to discuss and what relevance it has to our own experiences and life.
By all means start a topic to discuss a particular sutta... no one will stop you. See: A guide on how to get the most out of your new topics

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."