allow adding moderators to ignore list

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
rightviewftw

allow adding moderators to ignore list

Post by rightviewftw » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:18 pm

I think it is unfortunate that i can't add a moderator to the ignore list. I hope the policy is reviewed because i see no reason why i should not be able to blank out their posts.
How to meditate: Anapanasati, Satipatthana.
Intro to General Semantics
Factors & Perceptions

Parallel Dhammapada Reading
Chinese to Eng Dhp
"The statements; 'With the remainderless stopping & fading of the six contact-media is it the case that there is anything else?' '.. is it the case that there is not anything else .. is it the case that there both is & is not anything else .. is it the case that there neither is nor is not anything else?' objectify non-objectification. However far the six contact-media go, that is how far objectification goes."

Grigoris

Re: allow adding moderators to ignore list

Post by Grigoris » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:54 pm

If you could add moderators to the ignore list it means they could not contact you when they wanted to engage in moderation.

So I guess you can forget about that suggestion. :rofl:

BTW For all those that like to can moderators, I recommend a short stint in the hapless position, that'll clear up all sorts of misconceptions about their role and power.
ye dhammā hetuppabhavā tesaṁ hetuṁ tathāgato āha,
tesaṃca yo nirodho - evaṁvādī mahāsamaṇo.

Of those phenomena which arise from causes:
Those causes have been taught by the Tathāgata,
And their cessation too - thus proclaims the Great Ascetic.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: allow adding moderators to ignore list

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:10 pm

Greetings,
rightviewftw wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:18 pm
I hope the policy is reviewed because i see no reason why i should not be able to blank out their posts.
It's not a "policy" per se, it's just how the platform works.

Grigoris' post gives some context as to why that may be the case.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)