How the book marks work?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
SarathW

How the book marks work?

Post by SarathW »

In Sutta Central when you read an old post it will take you straight to where you read it last time.
In DW it will take you to the first post.
How can I make DW to take me to the place where I visited last time in the old post automatically?
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
mikenz66

Re: How the book marks work?

Post by mikenz66 »

If there are unread posts, then clicking on the circle to the left of the thread title will take you to the first unread post. You can also click on the little red symbol.

Strangely, there seems to be no easy way of going to the last post of a thread that has no unread posts, whereas, as you say, the Discourse forum software does this automatically.

The phpBB software used here is much older (started in 2000, as opposed to 2013 for Discourse, so it has a much more old-school look and feel. However, both seem to me to be quite easy to use, and mobile-friendly.

Mike
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Thanks, Mike.
:D
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
samseva

Post by samseva »

mikenz66 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:27 am If there are unread posts, then clicking on the circle to the left of the thread title will take you to the first unread post. You can also click on the little red symbol.
Thanks for that, didn't know that worked—much easier than the tiny icon to the right.
mikenz66 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:27 am Strangely, there seems to be no easy way of going to the last post of a thread that has no unread posts,...
This small icon should do the job (works even if all posts read):
lastpostthread.png
lastpostthread.png (16.66 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Yes, you're right. I did know about that, but forgot while I was writing the post...

:heart:
Mike