ESL sub-forum

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Coëmgenu

ESL sub-forum

Post by Coëmgenu »

It might be useful to have an ESL (English as a Second Language) sub-forum for people who have difficulties with English, or are in the process of learning. People could post there for help on how to properly grammatically frame what they are trying to say in their posts.

Just an idea I thought might be valuable given that some peoples' participation and ability to critically engage on this site is limited by their ability to form grammatically cogent English sentences, despite having an obvious grounding in one tradition or another of Theravāda discourse.
What is the Uncreated?
Sublime & free, what is that obscured Eternity?
It is the Undying, the Bright, the Isle.
It is an Ocean, a Secret: Reality.
Both life and oblivion, it is Nirvāṇa.
The Thinker

Re: ESL sub-forum

Post by The Thinker »

Not necessarily a second language, some are more literate than others and some post in an elitist fashion, I had to Google Cogent. :namaste:
"Watch your heart, observe. Be the observer, be the knower, not the condition" Ajahn Sumedho volume5 - The Wheel Of Truth
Sprouticus

Re: ESL sub-forum

Post by Sprouticus »

The Thinker wrote:Not necessarily a second language, some are more literate than others and some post in an elitist fashion, I had to Google Cogent. :namaste:
Google has been a really useful tool for me, too. A richer vocabulary is something from which we can all benefit. :reading:
Namo buddhaya