snake simile advisory for dhamma wheel

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Mkoll

Re: snake simile advisory for dhamma wheel

Post by Mkoll » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:16 pm

I'm starting to like your idea, samseva. Good luck with it and hopefully I'll find something in it to give input to.

With metta,

James
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa

samseva

Post by samseva » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:12 am

Mkoll wrote:I'm starting to like your idea, samseva. Good luck with it and hopefully I'll find something in it to give input to.
Thanks. Your input will be very welcome.

samseva

Post by samseva » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:42 am

mikenz66 wrote:
samseva wrote:I don't mind starting a thread like you mentioned; something along the lines of 'Debunking Common Misconceptions/Complex Concepts', where each concept/misconception would be thoroughly discussed before being compiled. It would take much work, but I think it would benefit a lot of people. If it is stickied (rather than seeing a lot of work being buried under hundreds of new threads), I am willing to do this. That is, if it is okay with the moderators.
That sounds like a great idea, but perhaps the title could be a little less argumentative.
Would something like "Common misconceptions about Dhamma practice" be better?
Mkoll wrote:I'm starting to like your idea, samseva. Good luck with it and hopefully I'll find something in it to give input to.
To anyone interested, I have completed the draft version of the 'Common Misconceptions About Dhamma' thread. It was posted in its current format as to prompt discussion before posting the final version.

Creating the 'Common Misconceptions About Dhamma' Thread

Feel free to drop by and offer suggestions/input of any kind.

samseva

Post by samseva » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:47 am

mikenz66 wrote:Speaking of premature isolation, I happened to this week listen to a talk by Ajahn Jayasaro at Amaravati Observing the Real News in which he talked about how adequate preparation was needed for meditation, and the last thing he'd advise a depressed person to do was sitting with their eyes shut. He'd get them out working with others in the kitchen, etc.
Mike, if it is okay with you, we could nominate this as the first topic/misconception.

mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:48 am

Fine with me, it's not an idea original to me!

:anjali:
Mike