TOS of Discovering Theravada

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Reductor

TOS of Discovering Theravada

Post by Reductor » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:15 am

Hey,

You should mention in the terms on the "Discovering Theravada" forum that even edits need moderator approval. As an habitual over-editor, I was surprised that my first edit on a recent post sent the entire post back the the mods. I'm pretty sure this is a new(ish) action that may have come with the recent upgrades.

tiltbillings

Re: TOS of Discovering Theravada

Post by tiltbillings » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:53 am

Reductor wrote:Hey,

You should mention in the terms on the "Discovering Theravada" forum that even edits need moderator approval. As an habitual over-editor, I was surprised that my first edit on a recent post sent the entire post back the the mods. I'm pretty sure this is a new(ish) action that may have come with the recent upgrades.
It may not be a bad idea, even though it is a pain in tookus, to keep it as is, given that we do occasionally have people doing more with their editing than just correcting misspelling, missed commas, and occasional word salad.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

Reductor

Re: TOS of Discovering Theravada

Post by Reductor » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:08 am

I agree that it's likely a good thing to keep, and had wondered before why a limit to editing in that forum wasn't imposed. So keep it, I say, so long as you and the other mods are down with it. And mention it in the TOS. Hopefully then people will use the preview button more (as I should, I know) and not make pains of themselves.