Relocating Posts

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
dhp273

Relocating Posts

Post by dhp273 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:07 pm

I recently made a forum post that was relocated under another and I did not even get a message. I think it is in the wrong place now. I suggest that you have the moderator contact the user before relocating the post to make sure they know the posters intention.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: Relocating Posts

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:47 pm

Greetings,

Unfortunately it's a bit difficult to investigate what happened without any specifics... i.e. which post, where was it, where is it now?

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:04 am

Hi Retro
I made a post "Can monks live without handling Money"
This post was first locked then disappeared all together. :)

Not some thing overly worry about it.
But there were some good replies from some members.
:thinking:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:23 am

Greetings,

I can't speak for these specific matters in particular (as I've been away for nearly 2 weeks, so I'm not across everything) but it's worth keeping in mind that in the forum rules, there is specific mention that "any subject matter that may be off-topic or is intended only to cause disruption or harm to others may be removed without notice". The forum rules then go on to detail a non-exhaustive list of what this may constitute.

That said, moderators are certainly encouraged to communicate with members on moves and deletions, particularly where there is deemed to be benefit in doing so, but such communications can be a time-consuming exercise in back and forth communication, particularly if aggrieved members wish to complain about decisions which are perfectly in accord with the forum rules. There is certainly no expectation they comment on every single act of moderation.

For members not familiar with it, I recommend reviewing not only the forum rules but the...

Dhamma Wheel complaints procedure
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1846

... as it provides a step-by-step escalation path for instances where you feel there is a problem with a post or an act of moderation.

In my opinion, the Dhamma Wheel moderators have proven to be exemplary in moderating according to the terms of services, since the days the forum began... but all complaints will be looked into seriously as we take forum governance seriously, and do not wish to fall prey to hubris.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:10 am

There is another thread on the topic: Monks and Money; trying to figure out my feelings... but I don't know what happened to your thread.
AIM ForumsPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)

daverupa

Post by daverupa » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

• "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:23 am

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:There is another thread on the topic: Monks and Money; trying to figure out my feelings... but I don't know what happened to your thread.
Thank you Bhante
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”