Hypocrisy

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
lyndon taylor

Re: Hypocrisy

Post by lyndon taylor » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:48 pm

maybe they want some time to think about or consult on their reply, hassleing moderators makes about as much sense as hassleing cops because you don't like traffic laws, just try to get along, if you're looking for problems, you'll probably get them!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

bananaporridge

Post by bananaporridge » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:34 pm

A reasonably prompt acknowledgement considering the circumstances would have been appreciated.I neither have a problem,am not seeking or expecting any and am not hassling anyone.Thanks for your concern and all the best to you.

Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:17 pm

bananaporridge wrote:A reasonably prompt acknowledgement considering the circumstances would have been appreciated.I neither have a problem,am not seeking or expecting any and am not hassling anyone.Thanks for your concern and all the best to you.
You clearly have a problem, or you would not have started this thread. You are being disruptive, which is a hassle for the moderation team.

Check out the Complaints Procedure thread.
AIM ForumsPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)

bananaporridge

Post by bananaporridge » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:34 pm

With all due respects bhante,I clearly do not have a problem,am not disrupting anything and I am not hassling any moderation team.Please read my posts carefully then give your reasoning and thank you I've read through the complaints procedure and am following it.

mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Dave has already indicated that it takes time for the moderating/admin team to consider such requests:
daverupa wrote:Different moderators have different moderating tools, hierarchies, and priorities, which makes consistency a troublesome goal at which to aim. If you like, you can PM the moderator to ask them specific questions about the issue, or await commentary here.
Due to time-zone differences between the team, discussion can take some time.
bananaporridge wrote:So its ok to cause offence by calling well known and respected monks "stupid" as has been done just recently on another thread...
If there is a post that needs to be moderated please use the report button. The moderators are not omniscient.

:anjali:
Mike

bananaporridge

Post by bananaporridge » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:04 pm

I've stated the issues calmly and clearly. If members of any description,want to post false statements and accusations based on a clear misunderstanding of the situation,thats entirely up to them.I rest my case on the evidence at hand.

robertk

Post by robertk » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:31 am

bananaporridge wrote:With all due respects bhante,I clearly do not have a problem,am not disrupting anything and I am [...]Please read my posts carefully then give your reasoning and thank you I've read through the complaints procedure and am following it.
From complaints procedure

http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1846
As with public complaints about posts, please do not publicly complain about moderation, as that is disruptive to the forum and is not the appropriate method for resolving such disputes.

Ben

Post by Ben » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:39 am

robertk wrote:
bananaporridge wrote:With all due respects bhante,I clearly do not have a problem,am not disrupting anything and I am [...]Please read my posts carefully then give your reasoning and thank you I've read through the complaints procedure and am following it.
From complaints procedure

http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1846
As with public complaints about posts, please do not publicly complain about moderation, as that is disruptive to the forum and is not the appropriate method for resolving such disputes.
Seconded.
Unfortunately, sometimes moderation decisions which require consultation among moderators do take time as a result of time zone differences and the availability of moderators - all of whom have busy lives outside Dhamma Wheel.
Likewise, complaints about moderation decisions are taken very seriously and investigated thoroughly and do take time.
In the interim. I ask that you remain patient.
With metta,
Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com..