Access error

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
TheNoBSBuddhist

Access error

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist » Sat May 24, 2014 12:05 pm

I came across a problem today when wishing to log in....

here is the message I got, on a blank webpage:

Screen message reads:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@dhammawheel.thedhamma.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I duly sent off the alert, by personal email, to:

webmaster@dhammawheel.thedhamma.com

And this is what I got back:

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain dhammawheel.thedhamma.com by dhammawheel.thedhamma.com. [74.81.82.19].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 No Such User Here

Not much point trying to report a problem, if the address doesn't even exist.... :rolleye:
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....

Derek

Re: Access error

Post by Derek » Sat May 24, 2014 1:55 pm

I got the internal server error message yesterday (Friday) too. It must have been a temporary glitch, as it worked fine next time I tried. Someone with access to the server log might be able to find out more about it.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Sat May 24, 2014 4:23 pm

I'll see about getting that email address fixed. It should go to my email of david (at) thedhamma.com

(replace (at) with the @ symbol)

Those errors come up when the sites are very busy. I am not sure why that is still happening sometimes. We are on a private server now, so it is supposed to handle the 50,000 + hits per day the sites get (I have about 9 websites and 38 domain names on this server).

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Sun May 25, 2014 6:10 pm

I contacted web hoster and they made some adjustments to some load spikes and it seems to be working good now and faster . . . fingers crossed . . .

bananaporridge

Post by bananaporridge » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:48 am

Having similar service issues yesterday and for a brief time just recently today.

Mkoll

Post by Mkoll » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:41 am

Dharma Wheel is down right now

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table './thedhamm_dharmawheel/dharmawheel_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: david@thedhamma.com
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa

daverupa

Post by daverupa » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:37 pm

The email is updated, at least!

And, it's down for me as well... some load spike shenanigans? Or maybe Snidely Whiplash is afoot.
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]

Anagarika

Post by Anagarika » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:03 pm

David N. Snyder wrote:I contacted web hoster and they made some adjustments to some load spikes and it seems to be working good now and faster . . . fingers crossed . . .
You know you've got a good thing going when the load spikes cause interruptions. Thanks for DW, David, from all 1,000,000,000 of us.

Mkoll

Post by Mkoll » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Japanese metro is no joke. I've been to Shinjuku Station during rush hour. The only way I can think to describe it is an ocean of people. It's really quite something, a very different vibe from being at a concert or large event with lots of people.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Problema resuelto.

Dharma Wheel is back online!

:woohoo:

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:42 am

If this site is down, go to:

Dhamma Wheel on facebook for updates as to when we will be back online.

There may still be some intermittent outages over the next 13 hours or so. There is scheduled maintenance to the server at about 9 am GMT June 30 which will take about 1 to 2 hours. After that, the problems should be solved.