Hello from Colorado

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
mpcahn

Hello from Colorado

Post by mpcahn »

Hello All,

My name is Matthew and I am a 24 year old psychology student at CU Boulder. I have been a practicing lay buddhist following the thai forest tradition for about five years and this has had a significant impact on my happiness. I primarily listen to the teachings of Thanissaro Bikkhu and Ajahn Brahm. I find that Ajahn Brahm's relaxed attitude is an excellent foil to Thanissaro's scholarly seriousness. I came to the board to discuss my practice in order to go deeper into the noble eightfold path and give value in any way I can.

Talk to you all soon!
Matthew
is the mind us? Is it ours? Slash on down! Whatever is going to be destroyed, let it be destroyed. We feel no regrets. We want only the truth. (Ajahn Maha Boowa)
Ben

Re: Hello from Colorado

Post by Ben »

Greetings Matthew and welcome!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Matthew,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

Hiya! :hello:
cooran

Post by cooran »

:group: Good to have you here - look forward to more of your threads.

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Matthew!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB