Thanks for having me!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
dhammapal

Thanks for having me!

Post by dhammapal »

Hello from Sydney Australia,

I’ve been around for a while so it’s time I introduced myself.

I found links to Buddhist forums after I got a thankyou note from an Argentinian guy on a vipassana listserv in April 2000. He said “At least we’re in the same hemisphere!” He liked to address me as “pal” hence my username dhammapal (lower case “d” so not supramundane LOL).

I was active on E-Sangha from the early days (2003). I kept up a blog from 2005, which because it was public helped overcome swear words in my self-talk.

I helped Ven Pannyavaro with BuddhaNet here in Sydney from early days (1994). He let me go when he moved north in 2005 busily establishing a new monastery. We agreed that I shouldn’t teach but it is ok to express opinions and refer people on. I run 25 Yahoo Groups, mostly posting quotations from teachers (in particular Thanissaro Bhikkhu, an old friend of Pannya’s).

So I don’t expect to be posting too much here, most importantly posting when I have questions or sharing on the Uposatha Observance Club.

Thanks for listening!

With metta / dhammapal.
retrofuturist

Re: Thanks for having me!

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings dhammapal,

If any of the Theravada initiatives that you're involved with aren't currently referenced on...

Google Saffron
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=00545 ... cbjbznmwso" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... feel free to PM me a list of URLs and I'll have them included.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome dhammapal!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Welcome :)
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi dhammapal and welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..