Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
dhammagal

Post by dhammagal »

Hi all,

I'm Raven from ACT in Australia. I'm still relatively new to Buddhism. I've only recently become seriously committed to following Buddhism on a daily basis (8 months ago) after flirting with Buddhism off and on since I was 17 (I'm now 35).

Hope to learn from you all here and offer some meaningful posts.

In metta,
Raven
Dhammagal
Do not speak unless it improves on silence
- The Buddha
retrofuturist

Re: Newbie

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings from Melbourne!

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Raven'
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel
I hope you like it here!
kind regrds
Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Raven!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Vepacitta

Post by Vepacitta »

Merry meet Raven!

V.
I'm your friendly, neighbourhood Asura
Viriya

Post by Viriya »

Hi Raven! Another Aussie. (= I love how well-represented Australians are in this forum. ^_^

Best wishes for your practice. :anjali:
I'm not very good at right speech, although I try, so please guide and correct me if necessary so I don't make bad kamma for myself and cause others to be annoyed. (=
samadhi_seeker

Post by samadhi_seeker »

Hi Dhammagal! I am new also both to Buddhism and to this forum. I am in Brisbane and have been attending some beginner courses at Dhammagiri which have been fantastic- both in content and being fortunate to have such a great teacher in Bhante Dhammasiha. Really enjoyed them and have decided to try live by the 5 precepts (the drinking bit will be hard in Australia) and also to strive towards understanding the true nature of suffering and impermanence. I have a very long way to go but must try.

Shane
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

Welcome samadhi_seeker and Raven, hope you'll find what you're searching here :group:

Metta,

anko.
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

:hello: g'day
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat