Hello there, everyone!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
ndeorrery

Hello there, everyone!

Post by ndeorrery »

Hi!
I'm new around these parts, though, not to Buddhism. Buddhism found me when I was about twelve years old, but, as you might expect, nothing exactly sunk in for several years. Well, I'm seventeen (almost eighteen, now!) and still quite young, but, as a University student, far better able to study the canon and such. There isn't all that much to know about me... hmm. I admittedly stumbled on this place out of the ashes of E-Sangha. Shame seeing it gone. But, hopefully, I can find a new sort of niche here.
Anything else...hmm, well...
I'm studying to be an English teacher, with a specialization in ESL (English as a Second Language). I'm drawn to Asia; I always have been, and, someday, I hope I can teach there. I'm also attempting to gain some fluency in Japanese and Chinese. In real life, I'm not apart of any Sangha. It's rather impractical due to my location. As for anything else you might like to know, well, just ask! I'm open for most things.

Metta,
ndeorrery :namaste:
also known as 'Kelly' by some.
bodom

Re: Hello there, everyone!

Post by bodom »

Welcome ndeorrery!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
sukhamanveti

Post by sukhamanveti »

Hi, ndeorrery! Welcome.

:hello:
Sīlaṃ balaṃ appaṭimaṃ.
Sīlaṃ āvudhamuttamaṃ.
Sīlamābharaṇaṃ seṭṭhaṃ.
Sīlaṃ kavacamabbhutaṃ.

Virtue is a matchless power.
Virtue is the greatest weapon.
Virtue is the best adornment.
Virtue is a wonderful armor.

Theragatha 614

Sabbapāpassa akaraṇaṃ,
kusalassa upasampadā,
Sacittapariyodapanaṃ,
etaṃ buddhāna sāsanaṃ.

Refraining from all wrong-doing,
Undertaking the good,
Purifying the mind,
This is the teaching of the buddhas.

Dhammapada v. 183/14.5
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

If you liked the pan-Buddhist nature of E-Sangha, you might want to also check out Dharma Wheel as linked to in my signature. Across the two forums we generally cover the same territory as E-Sangha originally did.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."