Hi, Danish Theravade Buddhist . .

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
jbrooks79

Hi, Danish Theravade Buddhist . .

Post by jbrooks79 »

Hi, I'm a Danish Buddhist reader, studied Theravada Buddhism for twenty years now, read a bunch of stuff, Dhammapada, the ' Power of Mindfulness ', other stuff, on buddhanet.net, and generally like Buddhism, find it nice, amazing . .

I currently make video games, as a hobby, and I want to make a game about enlightenment . .

I've meditated a lot, and use various prayer beads, to help in . .

I've also meditated on the law of karma, in deep meditation, and I believe it's true, ' works ' . . :)

jbrooks79

Re: Hi, Danish Theravade Buddhist . .

Post by jbrooks79 »

I have had very bad PTSD, and used Buddhism to survive it . . I made some charts, based on mindfulness, about what it did, and I used meditation, and Buddhist reflection to beat it, make it through . . This is sort of mindfulness ' picture ', of what hard PTSD did to me, after a war, that was illegal . .

jbrooks79

Post by jbrooks79 »

When I followed the teachings of the Buddha, to overcome bad karma, I got better, felt better . . That's my story, my life . .

Has Buddhism ever done something grand, for you, something big, like saving your life, from mental problems, suffering, etc etc . .

<3

It took me a long time to realize the Iraq war was illegal, I didn't follow the news, so it's been a harsh awakening, to realize it . . In the end, Buddhist teachings saved me from it, essentially . . It kept my ' soul ' alive, or ' citta ', during all this . . I am grateful . . .

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

jbrooks79 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:24 am
I currently make video games, as a hobby, and I want to make a game about enlightenment . .
I've meditated a lot, and use various prayer beads, to help in . .
I've also meditated on the law of karma, in deep meditation, and I believe it's true, ' works ' . . :)
:thumbsup:

jbrooks79

Post by jbrooks79 »

Thanks, Good times . .:)

jbrooks79

Post by jbrooks79 »

Twenty years ago, I was punched in the head at martial arts, in Aalborg, Denmark, and I heard a voice, shouting at me, ' I Am evil ', I fell back and, when I hit the wood floor, I heard some glass, or mirror break . . I looked up, and saw black, writhing snakes on my stomach, ' in ' it, and then I blinked, it was gone . . It lasted two seconds . .

After that, I became very religious, and studied Buddhism for 12 years, until I got lonely studying on my own, and some Buddhists recommended I join a Church instead, for religious company, support . . That's when I started saying the Rosary, and developed one of my own, over time . . Now I found this website, and I also learnt a lot from buddhanet.net on my own, in the first twelve years, reading Dhammapada in the hospital, because the voice made me sick, playing games, saw movies . .

I focused mainly on mindfulness, and over time starting meditating on lying, how it affected the mind . . Whenever I told a white lie, intentionally, I would meditate afterwards, on my mind, and it unsettled me, disturbed . . I knew the law of karma was true, on my own, because the Buddha's teachings had led me there, after much mindfulness . .

After the Iraq war, I had a massive spiritual breakdown, and I made the chart above, in mindfulness, to show how it felt . . I used Buddhist principles to study it, how to lessen it, and I survived . . In all, it was one of the worst experiences of my life, regardless of what the politicians said, or lied about, it was bad karma, sin . . In the end, the teachings of the Buddha, and the rosary saved me, but now I see Buddhists use Malas, and I am keen to start saying the prayers of the Buddha, the Three Jewels, 108 times, while meditating on Buddha, his teachings . . I combined the rosary with meditations on virtues, since the Buddha taught that, to meditate in his 32 virtues, and made my own rosary, and it saved my life, my soul . .

But, now I really want to get back to Theravada Buddhism, and try to get better at it, since I found it saved my life, and I need the insurance, the protection . .

I can't wait to see what comes next, if there are some nice Buddhists here, I'm from Denmark, a bad nation, it seems . . But, I kept the faith, and focused on the Buddha, that saved me . . That's my story, what about you, why are you here, what's up . .

jbrooks79

Post by jbrooks79 »

My doctor was bad . .
Last edited by jbrooks79 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
With no struggling, no thinking,
the mind, still,
will see cause and effect
vanishing in the Void.
Attached to nothing, letting go:
Know that this is the way
to allay all stress.