Greetings

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
viriya424

Greetings

Post by viriya424 »

Hello everyone,

I am a relatively new practitioner, started practicing meditation almost 2 years ago with the book Mindfulness in Plain English by Ven. H Gunaratana, and have been practicing very seriously since the beginning of this year. I'm in my late teens and am from Central America.
I exclusively follow the Theravada tradition, but am still open-minded towards others. Of special interest to me are the teachings of Ajahn Chah (and few other Thai forest monks), Ven. Ñanavira and Ven. N. Nanamoli. I have been browsing the forum for a few weeks now but didn't think of introducing myself until now, sorry if that was rude!

Best wishes to everyone on their practice and I hope to be able to participate in interesting discussions in the future. :twothumbsup:
retrofuturist

Re: Greetings

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Welcome.

:anjali: Kevin
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

Welcome friend! :anjali:
budo

Post by budo »

unseeingdog wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:59 am started practicing meditation almost 2 years ago with the book Mindfulness in Plain English by Ven. H Gunaratana,
I also started with that book. Great book!

Welcome