It has been a while

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Ytrog

It has been a while

Post by Ytrog » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 am

Let me introduce myself again as I was once an active member here in like 2012. I went to visit Cittaviveka that year for a month (even considered ordaining back then). A lot has happened since then:
I got in a burnout, got diagnosed with autism, got married, bought a house, got in a burnout again, got divorced.

While I was working as a software developer back then I currently don't have a job and am still on sick leave (for about 16 months now) and currently going to a place for activities 4 days a week. I have a hobby in photography, maths, archery and 3D printing.

I notice that I am continuously drawn back to meditation and the Dhamma when it doesn't go so well as it helps me cope with things a lot and gives me perspective. Since my current burnout my ability to focus has gone down the drain basically.

:anjali:
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.

JamesTheGiant

Re: It has been a while

Post by JamesTheGiant » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:08 am

Welcome back, and congratulations on your Autism. (Am i allowed to say that?)
I know three people with Asbergers and they are so interesting, and they have interesting lives.
Trust me, having a neurotypical brain ain't all that great.

bodom

Post by bodom » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:36 pm

Welcome back!

:anjali:
The heart of the path is so simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice.

Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing.

Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this-just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle.

- Ajahn Chah

budo

Post by budo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm

Ytrog wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 am
I notice that I am continuously drawn back to meditation and the Dhamma when it doesn't go so well as it helps me cope with things a lot and gives me perspective.
Yes, touching the fire and getting burned makes us look for relief. I hope you discern the escape in your life.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:03 am

Greetings,

Welcome back.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

“Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” (Flannery O'Connor)

Virgo

Post by Virgo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:36 am

Welcome.

:anjali: Kevin
The Hunger Site