a newbie saying hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
SacralHeart

a newbie saying hello

Post by SacralHeart »

Hi there, all-

I am 29 years old and find myself being drawn towards exploring buddhism. It's always been in my peripheral as something that was interesting and seemed up my alley, but I have never been a very religious person and I just never pursued it. I will be 30 in about 6 months and I have a goal of beginning to better myself by that time. Looking for some better understanding of myself, more awareness of my emotions and those of people around me, better mental and physical health. Meditation seems like a good place to start but I feel like I probably need some kind of guided meditation to help me get my bearings.

Anyways, I will be poking around here. I will likely ask a lot of dumb questions but I am hoping to gain some clarity and see if this is really the path for me.

Love and light to you and I hope we can get to know each other :)
bodom

Re: a newbie saying hello

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

I will likely ask a lot of dumb questions
:hello:
Welcome to my club!
:jumping:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Hi SacralHeart, and welcome to Dhamma Wheel! :hello:

"The only dumb questions are the ones we didn't ask!"
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Sam Vara wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:19 am Hi SacralHeart, and welcome to Dhamma Wheel! :hello:

"The only dumb questions are the ones we didn't ask!"
:goodpost:
I also like:
"Ask dumb question but don't make dumb mistakes"
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

SacralHeart wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:21 am Hi there, all-

I am 29 years old and find myself being drawn towards exploring buddhism. It's always been in my peripheral as something that was interesting and seemed up my alley, but I have never been a very religious person and I just never pursued it. I will be 30 in about 6 months and I have a goal of beginning to better myself by that time. Looking for some better understanding of myself, more awareness of my emotions and those of people around me, better mental and physical health. Meditation seems like a good place to start but I feel like I probably need some kind of guided meditation to help me get my bearings.

Anyways, I will be poking around here. I will likely ask a lot of dumb questions but I am hoping to gain some clarity and see if this is really the path for me.

Love and light to you and I hope we can get to know each other :)
Welcome. :namaste:

Kevin...
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."