Hello from East coast USA

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Chanh Dao

Hello from East coast USA

Post by Chanh Dao »

Hi there I've been a Buddhist for about 4 years now. I joined the group because I'm very interested in becoming a monk in Thailand and while asking for advice about it I was linked to this website.

Would love to meet fellow practioners.

My practice history consists of living at a residential Zen center for a year in new Mexico and since than I've been very passionate about Buddhism.

I've been on around 4 retreats since leaving the residential center, all fairly intensive in the Zen/Chan/Seon tradition with 1 Goenka Visspassana 10 retreat.

Moving forward I'm hoping to live a simple life of few possessions, association with fellow devoted practioners, and an opportunity to do meaningful work in community.

So hope to meet some fellow practioners and get some advice about moving forward in my monastic aspirations.

Sincerely,
-Chánh Đạo

PS my name is a Buddhist name given to me during lay ordination at a vietnemese Thien Monastery.
🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello from East coast USA

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Welcome welcome! It's a fun ride, enjoy!
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB