Hello from Mexico!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
mexican

Hello from Mexico!

Post by mexican »

Hello, my name is Hilda and I have been practicing since about 11 years ago. I have not ever met any other Theravadan and only recently when I moved back to the place I am from, I found a couple of Sanghas that practice Tibetan Buddhism, which is kind of difficult for me to feel a part of, and besides in all of them you have to pay a fee which I am not able to do right now.

Anyway about two or three weeks ago I was able for the first time to attend a Buddhist ceremony with the traditional Tibetan chants and instruments, and it made me cry. Same thing happened when, after all of these years being a Buddhist, I step on a Buddhist place (just the office, but it was undescribable).

I was living in the Caribbean, in a small town and one day, being at a restaurante to teach a class, I saw from a far a woman in the Tibetan red robes...undescribable. Before I could realize it I was on the street running to reach her. She was not very talkative, just a few words, regular words, probably not what I expected, but just the experience was memorable.

For a couple of years I did not have access to internet and missed my Dhamma communication, at least, electronically. Now I hope I can be a part of this forum.

Thank you to those who established this Forum, for people like me that have gotten "all their Buddhism" from internet, and overall on the countriers where there is no Theravada, even more important, THANK YOU!!!<

May all of you have a wonderful day!
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Mexico!

Post by Sam Vara »

Hello Hilda, and welcome to Dhamma Wheel! :hello:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Hola, ¿cómo estás?

SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
LG2V

Post by LG2V »

Hey Hilda :smile:
Here are some excellent sites for giving free Dana (Click-Based Donation):
http://freerice.comhttp://greatergood.com/www.ripple.orgwww.thenonprofits.com
paul

Post by paul »

I understand those intense experiences you had from practising alone. From experience it's the most productive way to practice as long as you have dhamma guidance from a book such as "The Noble Eightfold Path" by Bikkhu Bodhi.

Welcome to DW.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Hilda,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Welcome, Hilda :hello:
May all of you have a wonderful day!
Thank you - and you too!
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB