need helpl pls - from Buddhist Prayers, Mantras

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
balan919

need helpl pls - from Buddhist Prayers, Mantras

Post by balan919 »

Hi,

i am new member of this forum.
I need some help from buddhist perpective on exorcism rituals
it's actually for myself

Every second (every day) i hear voices speaking to me (there are 3 voices)
these voices continuously speaks to me non-stop every day. This causing me unable to perform other daily routines such as
working(office), sleeping, eating, studying or even watchin television.
the reason when the voice is speaking in my head, my ear hole feel like being pricked with a nail

I have been having this problem for the past 1 year.

I have tried excocism rituals from serveral Hindu priests but failed on several occasions - the spirit(devil) is reluctant to leave my body.

The only clue I have now....it seems this spirit(old lady) which possesing(dwelling) my body had actually mix(blend) itself with my soul.
As as result, what ever i speak in my HEART, they repeat back to my ears - that means, they can hear whatever i say inside me. this condition is getting worse and I am worried this problem will drive me crazy eventually.

can i get some help from buddhist perpective on how to excorcise such devil from my body. is there any Buddist Mantra or talisman that can help ?

appreciate your prompt response
Pls help ...

For now I have been practising these Buddish Mantras for the past one month:-

(1)
Namo tassa, bhagavato, arahato samma sambuddhasa
Namo tassa, bhagavato, arahato, samma sambuddhasa
Homage to the Blissful One, the Worthy One, the Fully Enlightened One (Three times)

Buddham saranam gacchami,
Dhammam saranam gacchami,
Sangham saranam gacchami.

Dutiyampi Buddham saranam gacchami, [A second time I go to the Buddha for refuge]
Dutiyampi Dhammam saranam gacchami, [A second time I go to the Dharma for refuge]
Dutiyampi Sangham saranam gacchami. [A second time I go to the Sangha for refuge]

Tatiyampi Buddham saranam gacchami, [A third time I go to the Buddha for refuge]
Tatiyampi Dhammam saranam gacchami, [A third time I go to the Dharma for refuge]
Tatiyampi Sangham saranam gacchami. [A third time I go to the Sangha for refuge]

(2) Paritta Chanting - Sambuddhe Atthavisancadigatha
Sambuddhe aṭṭhavīsañca
Dvādasañca sahassake
Pañca-sata-sahassāni
Namāmi sirasā ahaṃ.............

(3)
OM MANI PADME HUM
OM MANI PADME HUM
OM MANI PADME HUM

(4)
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA

(5) ITIPSO
Itipiso Bhagava (He is indeed the Exalted One)
Araham (far from defilements)
Samma Sambuddho (perfectly enlightened by Himself)
Vijjacaranasampanno (fully possessed of wisdom and excellent conduct)
Sugato Lokavidu (knower of the worlds)
Anutaro Purisadhammasarathi Sattha (unexcelled Trainer of tamable men)
Devamanussanam (teacher of deities and men)
Buddho (the Awakened One)
Bhagavati (the Lord skilled in teaching Dhamma)....

(6) The Great Compassion Mantra SANSKRIT

[1]Namo Ratna Trayaya,
[2]Namo Arya Jnana Sagara,
[3]Vairochana,
[4]ByuharaJaya
[5]Tathagataya,
[6]Arahate,
[7]Samyaksam Buddhaya,
[8]Namo Sarwa Tathagate Bhyay,
[9]Arahata Bhyah,
[10]Samyaksam Buddhe Bhyah,
[11]Namo Arya AvalokiteShoraya
[12]Bodhisattvaya,
[13]Maha Sattvaya,
[14]Maha Karunikaya,
[15]Tadyata, Om Dara Dara,
[16]Diri Diri,
[17]Duru Duru
[18]Itte We, Itte
[19]Chale Chale,
[20]Purachale Purachale,
[21]Kusume
[22]Kusuma Wa Re,
[23]Ili Milli,
[24]Chiti Jvalam,
[25]Apanaye Shoha
Pondera

Re: need helpl pls - from Buddhist Prayers, Mantras

Post by Pondera »

Hey buddy. I used to have this problem. I used to hear voices every three seconds from the time I woke up, until the time I went to bed.

I take a combination of medications- clonanzepam for anxiety and serequel for psychosis. After taking those meds I learned something about my heart. There was a spot in my heart where, if I focussed my concentration, I could stop the voices. The location is at the top the heart and if you’re looking outwards - it’s a little bit to the right of the heart.

You hear three voices? It’s only one pretending to be three. That’s how it was in my experience. Anyway, try going on some medications. They will fight against the voices enough for you to find a solution.

You mention something about your heart. That they repeat what you say in your heart ... this is good insight. Try to find a place in your heart where if you put your focus and concentration there, the voices will not be able to afflict you as much.

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

As far as mantras and exorcisms go - I don’t think so. This is Māra. You’ve got to learn to deal with her/him on your own my friend.
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
befriend

Post by befriend »

The best way to deal with demons is to take a medication and do good. This is a common problem and I myself am still afflicted by some type of demon. Telling me it wants to kill me. I have been doing metta and mindfulness and charity for 11 years and the spirit has lost most of its power. Reciting the metta sutta in my head is a way to fill your energy with loving kindness which is an energy that will quell the voices. Never give up. Love heals if you have questions please ask me. Much ❤️ For you.
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
User1249x

Post by User1249x »

you can get a book called book of protection or pirit potha, it has several protective sutta, in particular the atanatiya sutta and the abhaya paritta. other than this i would note "hearing, hearing" when hearing voices and try to let the heard only be the heard, not grasping at the content. i've never had this problem tho nor am i sure how medication affects the development.
BKh

Post by BKh »

A paritta sutta that would probably be chanted in your situation would be the Atanatiya sutta. Here is an English translation...

https://suttacentral.net/dn32/en/sujato

It's long and normally chanted in Pali. If you can go to a Sri Lankan vihara/monastery the monks would be able to chant it for you.

I think in Thailand they usually only chant six of the verses, but those don't really relate to what you are experience.

Here is a very traditional (slow) recitation of the Atanatiaya in the Sri Lankan style:

If the problem is caused by a ghost, then sharing merit is the traditional practice. At the end of the day you can think about all the good things you have done, especially acts of generosity, and dedicate the merit to them.

It may or may not work. It all depends on what the underlying causes are. Medication is helpful for some people. Depending on your situation, you may find ways of dealing with them without medication. Best to work from lots of angles.
| One sutta per day to your inbox | ReadingFaithfully.org Support for reading the Suttas | Citation lookup helper | Instant sutta name lookup | Instant PED lookup | Instant DPPN lookup |
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

Dear Balan,

I know you asked for a Buddhist perspective but the most important thing you can do for yourself is Please visit your local GP ( doctor,medic).You seem to be describing the signs and symptoms of psychosis.Let the doctor diagnose the problem.After you know what the medical problem is then you can look for meditation techniques suited for you.Bear in mind not all meditation are suitable.It might even be best not to do any meditation at the moment until you get medical attention and medication to control the psychosis/auditory hallucination.

Intensive meditation is not suitable for psychosis.Long retreats are not recommended as that incorporates fasting and lack of sleep which can induce psychosis.

Meditation and psychosis: trigger or cure?
http://ruj.uj.edu.pl/xmlui/bitstream/ha ... sAllowed=y

Yoga on the other hand is more helpful to you.

Yoga therapy for Schizophrenia
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3410202/

Also if you really want to do meditation stick with a very soft type of mindfulness meditation specifically designed for psychosis.
Mindfulness for psychosis
https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals ... 19B1CB04D8

But the most important you need to do is speak to a GP (medic).

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

balan919 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:40 am Hi,

i am new member of this forum.
I need some help from buddhist perpective on exorcism rituals
it's actually for myself

Every second (every day) i hear voices speaking to me (there are 3 voices)
these voices continuously speaks to me non-stop every day. This causing me unable to perform other daily routines such as
working(office), sleeping, eating, studying or even watchin television.
the reason when the voice is speaking in my head, my ear hole feel like being pricked with a nail

I have been having this problem for the past 1 year.

I have tried excocism rituals from serveral Hindu priests but failed on several occasions - the spirit(devil) is reluctant to leave my body.

The only clue I have now....it seems this spirit(old lady) which possesing(dwelling) my body had actually mix(blend) itself with my soul.
As as result, what ever i speak in my HEART, they repeat back to my ears - that means, they can hear whatever i say inside me. this condition is getting worse and I am worried this problem will drive me crazy eventually.

can i get some help from buddhist perpective on how to excorcise such devil from my body. is there any Buddist Mantra or talisman that can help ?

appreciate your prompt response
Pls help ...

For now I have been practising these Buddish Mantras for the past one month:-

(1)
Namo tassa, bhagavato, arahato, samma sambuddhasa
Homage to the Blissful One, the Worthy One, the Fully Enlightened One (Three times)

Buddham saranam gacchami,
Dhammam saranam gacchami,
Sangham saranam gacchami.

Dutiyampi Buddham saranam gacchami, [A second time I go to the Buddha for refuge]
Dutiyampi Dhammam saranam gacchami, [A second time I go to the Dharma for refuge]
Dutiyampi Sangham saranam gacchami. [A second time I go to the Sangha for refuge]

Tatiyampi Buddham saranam gacchami, [A third time I go to the Buddha for refuge]
Tatiyampi Dhammam saranam gacchami, [A third time I go to the Dharma for refuge]
Tatiyampi Sangham saranam gacchami. [A third time I go to the Sangha for refuge]

(2) Paritta Chanting - Sambuddhe Atthavisancadigatha
Sambuddhe aṭṭhavīsañca
Dvādasañca sahassake
Pañca-sata-sahassāni
Namāmi sirasā ahaṃ.............

(3)
OM MANI PADME HUM
OM MANI PADME HUM
OM MANI PADME HUM

(4)
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA

(5) ITIPSO
Itipiso Bhagava (He is indeed the Exalted One)
Araham (far from defilements)
Samma Sambuddho (perfectly enlightened by Himself)
Vijjacaranasampanno (fully possessed of wisdom and excellent conduct)
Sugato Lokavidu (knower of the worlds)
Anutaro Purisadhammasarathi Sattha (unexcelled Trainer of tamable men)
Devamanussanam (teacher of deities and men)
Buddho (the Awakened One)
Bhagavati (the Lord skilled in teaching Dhamma)....

(6) The Great Compassion Mantra SANSKRIT

[1]Namo Ratna Trayaya,
[2]Namo Arya Jnana Sagara,
[3]Vairochana,
[4]ByuharaJaya
[5]Tathagataya,
[6]Arahate,
[7]Samyaksam Buddhaya,
[8]Namo Sarwa Tathagate Bhyay,
[9]Arahata Bhyah,
[10]Samyaksam Buddhe Bhyah,
[11]Namo Arya AvalokiteShoraya
[12]Bodhisattvaya,
[13]Maha Sattvaya,
[14]Maha Karunikaya,
[15]Tadyata, Om Dara Dara,
[16]Diri Diri,
[17]Duru Duru
[18]Itte We, Itte
[19]Chale Chale,
[20]Purachale Purachale,
[21]Kusume
[22]Kusuma Wa Re,
[23]Ili Milli,
[24]Chiti Jvalam,
[25]Apanaye Shoha

This may be helpful? http://sasanarakkha.org/ebook/4%20Guardian%20Kings.pdf
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

As others have recommended, please go see a doctor. This is a medical problem, not a spiritual one. Once you are in the care of doctors and being treated, come back and talk to us about how you can integrate dhamma practice with your treatment.