Hello from Spokane Washington

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
TimothyJP

Hello from Spokane Washington

Post by TimothyJP »

I "found" the path in the early part of 2015. I was as if a light were turned on, even though I had been making changes up to that point which were in line with the five precepts, I just didn't know it yet. Since then, I have had a strong "feeling" of everything falling into place, as it were. "I" am very thankful for this forum, as the only resources and Dhamma friends available in my area are that of the Tibetan as well as the Pure Land tradition. While I can see the benefit for some in these traditions, I prefer the words of the Buddha, and those who expound the Dhamma as taught by the Buddha, and it seems that the Theravada tradition and the Pali Cannon are the closest I can get. Sadhu sadhu sadhu to all who participate, and help further my understanding so that I may one day develop the wisdom of the Noble Ones, and reach the aspiration of enlightenment in this very lifetime! :anjali:
retrofuturist

Re: Hello from Spokane Washington

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Spokane Washington

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:buddha2: