Hello from Cape Cod MA

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
LotusTara3

Hello from Cape Cod MA

Post by LotusTara3 »

Hi everyone,
My name is Lisa and Iam a seeker of religious and spiritual wisdom. I study mythology and world religions so Buddhism has been on my radar for over thirty years but I never seriously started to study it until last year. Let’s just say my world view of eat, drink, and be merry has shifted to trying to overcome the Dukka I feel is permeating the world right now. So I am here to learn how to overcome the rising and falling of Samsara.
Thank you,
Lisa
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Cape Cod MA

Post by Sam Vara »

Hi Lisa. Welcome to Dhamma Wheel! :hello:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

LotusTara3 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:33 pm Hi everyone,
My name is Lisa and Iam a seeker of religious and spiritual wisdom. I study mythology and world religions so Buddhism has been on my radar for over thirty years but I never seriously started to study it until last year. Let’s just say my world view of eat, drink, and be merry has shifted to trying to overcome the Dukka I feel is permeating the world right now. So I am here to learn how to overcome the rising and falling of Samsara.
Thank you,
Lisa
Welcome. :anjali:

Kevin
befriend

Post by befriend »

The resident teacher of Insight Mediation Society visits the Community center in Harwich once a month there is a sitting group that meets once a week there called the insight meditation circle.
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:buddha1:
paul

Post by paul »

Welcome to DW.
"the Dukka I feel is permeating the world right now"
Bikkhu Bodhi has a similar feeling according to his recent political activism.
Bikkhu Bodhi lecture:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/forging-a- ... 2133766229
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Lisa,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
LotusTara3

Post by LotusTara3 »

befriend wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:39 pm The resident teacher of Insight Mediation Society visits the Community center in Harwich once a month there is a sitting group that meets once a week there called the insight meditation circle.
Thank you, I have been looking for a Sangha or meditation group. I have severe mental illness so it may be hard to face social phobia in a group especially in meditation. I will try to look into this group as it sounds like something I would like to join.